Top App for Magazine Subscriptions

PatrickStern
3 0 0

Hello,

I've just recently created a Shopify store and want to move my magazine subscription from "Subscription Genius" over onto Shopify with a 3rd party plugin.

Not that being said, there are a lot of plug ins and i wanted to see if anyone had any feedback on a specific one that is better for publications (Magazines)?

My main worry is letting people auto renew, also getting a file with all their information so that i can send a PO to the printer to get them printed and sent out from there. Besides that, it would be fantastic to offer deals, discounts,, specials.

It also needs to work worldwide since we do sell subscriptions globally.

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
551 43 93

Hi, @PatrickStern

There wouldn't be a specific app for magazine subscriptions, however any of the subscription and recurring charges apps should do the trick! Of those, I would suggest either Subscriptions by ReCharge, or Bold Subscriptions. The latter offers to create coupon codes for subscriber promotions, so that may be the best fit for you. Hope that helps!  

Brie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

PatrickStern
3 0 0

Hi @Brie 

Thank you so much for your quick reply.

I mean it does not have to be specific to Magazines, i just need to export date so i can get that date to the printer for shipment. That's the most important part for us to be sure every single person receives their subscription

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
551 43 93

Hey, @PatrickStern

No problem at all. What kind of information will you need to gather from them when they make the purchase? 

0 Likes
PatrickStern
3 0 0

@Brie 

It needs to be basic information like name, address, email, phone number.

But also it needs to have information on how many issues they have left in their subscription. That's really it. both for domestic and international.

0 Likes
Brie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
551 43 93

@PatrickStern - 

I see! If you were to use the Subscription by ReCharge app, it includes a customer portal where the customer can login and manage their own subscription. In terms of gathering their information, all of that would typically be provided when they checkout (name, address, phone number). Once a customer has checked out, you can export customer information at any time. Would the info provided at checkout be sufficient, or would you need that in any specific format? 

0 Likes