Total Weight Sold Report?

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
21 0 5

Hi, I work out my profit margins based on weight (I sell a food product). The shipping weight variable (in product settings) is the value I could use to calculate total goods sold. Anybody know of a report/app/hack that adds "total weight" of the order in a column in reports?

This would also be a really nice to have for a standard column in the report export.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
660 0 121

Hi Southwest Foods,

Better Reports can handle that quite easily.

You could create a custom report that sums up the total weight per order, product, month, or any other dimension you can think of.

There is one thing to note about weight units. If you use the same weight units for all your products (for example lb) then you don't need to worry about this. However, if you do use different units, there are 2 ways you can handle it in Better Reports.

1) You can build the report so that it always shows the total weight in grams (Better Reports already has each product weight in grams, even if your product weight is set up with a different unit). From there, you can convert this gram weight to your unit of choice.

2) Or, you can create multiple rows, 1 for each different weight unit. So for example for each month you could show the total weight sold for 'oz' and the total weight sold for 'lb'.

If you'd like to know more, feel free to reach out to me directly at clement@betterreports.co and I can also help you build any report you may need.

Clement

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
78 0 3

Hello,

Data Export can export this report. The weight can be reported in grams, lbs or oz.

This simple report can be created in few minutes and will not cost much.

You can contact me at john@dayspringlabs.com if you have any questions.

Thanks! 

Data Export is rated by Shopify Sellers as the best and cost-effective reporting application on Shopify.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi there,

Our app EZ Exporter supports the Total Weight field as well. By default, it will be in grams but our app supports including formulas in a custom/calculated field so our app can handle the conversion for you automatically (and possibly your profit margins as well by referencing multiple fields and using them in your custom formula).

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
21 1 0

Please delete this

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
78 0 5

Hi There,

Yes, it is possible with Report Pundit app to add the total shipping weight column for each order, If you are still looking for a solution we can help you create the report.

We can also create custom reports.

Reach us if you have more questions at support@reportpundit.com

Thanks,

John

Report Pundit - Instant reports and custom dashboards
0 Likes