Trouble with imported Product Review dates

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
177 2 151

Hi There,

The creation date shown in the example template is 9/01/17 16:40 (when open in Excell).

The dates of my reviews seem to be the same: 7/08/17 9:14. But weirdly, this date displays on the site as Aug 17, 0007

Is the format of the date in the example template correct or is the Product Review App not interpreting the dates correctly?

The 'Import using month/day/year date format' was left unticked because we don'ty use american dates if that makes sense.

Any help would be much appreciated as our imported reviews look fake!

Cheers 

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
177 2 151

The problem was Microsft (as usual).

If you open the example .csv in Excell to use as a template (most of us use Excel for this) then Excell will screw the date format.

I'd recommend that Shopify also recognise the date format output by Excel when importing .csv files.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
177 2 151

Solved, the issue is that while most of us edit .csv files in Excel, the Shopify importer doesn't recognise Excel dates.

I'd recommend updating the importer to also recognise the date format output by Excel.

1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

how did you solve this? 3 years now its still the same issue

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

As mentioned above, seems to be a compatibility issue with excel's date format.

This worked for me:

After completing the reviews, leaving the created dates blank for now, save and close your csv file.

Open with text edit (or similar, i'm on a mac), and copy and paste the date format from the csv template that you download from the app.

Once pasted back into the end of each line item in your text reader, update the dates, save, close, and your done.

Hope this works for you also.

0 Likes