URGENT: Figuring out a Way to build Proxy_Pass for payload transfer

Shopify Partner
9 0 0

We have over 900 different Apps for an old software that is still supported by our Support teams. Within these apps we have a button that creates a support ticket by passing a POST call payload to a specific URL. Since we went live with Shopify that URL no longer exists which means tickets are not getting created. What I need to do is create a proxy or proxy_pass from the old URL to its new location (which exists on a new domain) that passes the payload over. However, I cannot figure out a way to do this. I know that building an app allows me to create an App Proxy, but due to certain constraints this can't be used because we require the build of a full custom URL. Does anyone know of any apps currently out there that allow me to put in two URLs to create a proxy or any workaround that I can do within Shopify? I am using Shopify Plus. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
133 4 12

Hi,

So If I undertstand correct you have other software posting to yourwebshopdomain.com/yoururl but because you migrated to shopify this isn't working anymore, and you can't change the url in that other software?

If that's correct the only thing I can think off that might work is to put cloudflare dns in between your shop and the domain. And add a pagerule to redirect the post to another domain. (make sure to set it to grey cloud, dns only, otherwise it might interfere with shopify, it won't work with subdomains then though)

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

@Thomas_Lang1 , 

Thank you for providing that information. If all this does is create a URL redirect then its not what I am looking for as I need to create a server side proxy that passes a payload. Redirects just redirect the user to a new location but will not pass payloads of information which is why a proxy or proxy_pass is necessary. 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
133 4 12
As far as I know cloudflare forwards the payload as well, but don’t take my word for it, test it with a test setup :)
0 Likes
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

@Thomas_Lang1 , 

Thanks again, just curious how you setup the Cloudflare to accomplish this. I just started the setup and its asking for the site I want to add. Is this the shopify site we are currently running?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
133 4 12

I just tried this on a test setup, and it does lose the payload :( guess you need to find another way

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
9 0 0

OK thanks for taking a look at it. 

0 Likes