USA Cookie app

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi there!

Im starting my first dropshipping store and im very close to open it. 

At the start, I´ll be shipping only to the USA. 

Do I need some kind of cookie bar?

And if I do, which would be a good one?

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
55 2 7

Geo Redirect is a reliable and inexpensive app that lets you redirect visitors based on their location. So if they aren't in the US, you can send them away easily (with a message if you want).

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Ok thanks Adam.

So in USA you dont need a cookies bar app?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
685 63 88

Hello, @Noraellen.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

I understand that you will only be shipping to the US, is your business operating from the US as well? If so, you do not need a cookie bar in the US. The cookie bar is part of the EU Privacy Directive, also known as the ‘EU Cookie Law,' which only applies in Europe. If you’re interested, I found an article that can help explain this - “Does the EU Cookie Law Apply to U.S. Websites.” 

Since you’re only shipping to the US, you may not need to use Geolocation apps as well. Geolocation apps services to redirect your customers if you have multiple stores, such as a US-based store and a Canadian-based store. However, Shopify allows you to control your shipping zones, right under the shipping settings in your admin. This way, you can create shipping rates only for US customers and you will not need an extra app for this. 

Let me know if this helps! If you have any other questions about cookie bars or shipping, don’t hesitate to let me know in this thread!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Elias,

Thanks for your reply.

Im operating from Colombia, not from the US. 

Im fine without cookies?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
685 63 88

Hey, @Noraellen.

Thank you for following up. I can see that there is a data protection law in Colombia; however, it does not mention that a cookie bar is required. Nonetheless, I recommend checking with your city or a legal advisor in your country to confirm this. That said, since cookies bars are free and easy to implement onto your store, I do think it’s a good idea to add one. I’ve handpicked a couple third-party cookie apps for you to try:

Having a cookie bar will also allow you to expand your market at a later stage, should you decide to start selling and shipping to Europe. Do you feel this can be beneficial for your business?

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
109 3 7
Hi, most cookie bar is for GDPR. The General Data Protection Regulation (EU)(GDPR) is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy in the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). Perhaps at some point, someone will violate this regulation and be fined a hefty fine. After using cookies banner, the probability of encountering problems will be greatly reduced. The banner shows the customers once they visit the site. If you need a good cookie bar, I recommend this one: https://apps.shopify.com/gdpr-bar?utm_source=shopifyforum&utm_medium=forum&utm_campaign=songfei It definitely suits your needs.
0 Likes
Highlighted

I just made a free app, very good. Its name is Cookie Policy Consent. But actually it can help you generate a cookie policy page and also create a banner.

View it on Apps: https://apps.shopify.com/cookie-policy-consent

pandicorn.app
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1493 75 254

Hey @Noraellen,

You can install AiTrillion.com for the cookie bar. It's an all in one Shopify app and a very useful app. You can check it out.

Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
0 Likes