Unable reconnect facebook page and catalog!

3 0 0

Hello,

So here is the problem. Initially, when I was setting up Shopify store I was able to connect Facebook and import my catalog to Facebook. For some reason I had to remove catalog and reconnect Facebook and I am unable to reconnect Facebook. I get these error.

-To sell on Facebook, you need to have a Facebook Page for the account you’re signed in with. You also need to have Admin access for that account. If you don’t have a Facebook Page for your store, you can create one

I'm the admin of this page and have business manager as well. Not sure how to enable this again. This is getting frustrating. I'm going to run ad campaign now and I'm delaying. Is there anyone who can help?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
32 2 6

Hi, @JPBELA!

I'm Miles from the Social Care team at Shopify.

I've seen a few instances of this occur, and the mutual concern is that the Page Role for the Facebook Business account is "Custom" as opposed to "Admin". The purpose of a "Custom" Admin account is that the role is limited to a selection of tasks able to be completed, and this restricts third parties (such as Shopify) from full access to the Facebook page, for things like the Facebook Sales Channel and Instagram Sales Channel.

In our investigation, we have found that if the below options are enabled in the Facebook Business Manager account, the page role will appear as “Custom”. If you disable these options, you will be recognized as a standard page “Admin” and you will then be able connect to the Facebook Sales Channel as expected.

You can find these settings by going to the business manager account then:

Once complete, please review that your Facebook Business Page settings look like the screenshot on the right, via Facebook Page - > Settings -> Pages Roles:

Once they look as expected, you should be able to connect and be put in review with Facebook.

Let me know how you go!

Miles | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes