Unable to re-activate Advanced Cash on Delivery for India

tinaomi
6 0 0

Recently I deactivated this app for a week because I was accepting only prepaid payments for that period. Now I want to reactivate it again so I went to the app but there's no "Activate now' button and there's a highlighted message, "Cash on Delivery has not been activated. You should activate the new Cash on Delivery payment method to make it available to your customers on checkout. You can reactivate it by choosing 'Cash on Delivery' from your 'Alternative payments' settings.'"  Problem is, in Alternative payments settings there's no 'Cash on Delivery' option.

I contacted support and they emailed back with step by step instructions to activate 'Cash on Delivery' in manual payment settings which is not what I asked for so I explained with screenshots that I want to activate 'Advanced Cash on Delivery for India' app and not the 'Cash on Delivery' in manual payment settings as those are two different things—the former comes with features like Cash on Delivery availability checker, Order subtotal limit and Postal codes which the latter does not have.

Support replied back, "Those steps I provided you will allow this to be activated, even though in the Payment providers settings there isn't the option for the specific app, activating the payment option using "Cash on delivery (COD)" will allow the app to work on your store."

Even though I clearly remember this wasn't so when I first got the app back in 2016, I followed her instructions thinking maybe they changed the activation process. After I activated 'Cash on Delivery' in manual payment settings, I went to 'Advanced Cash on Delivery for India' app to check and there's a highlighted message, "Deactivate existing ‘Cash on Delivery (COD)’. You should deactivate the existing ‘Cash on Delivery (COD)’ manual payment method which is currently enabled in your payment settings." Below it, another highlighted message, "Cash on Delivery has not been activated. You should activate the new Cash on Delivery payment method to make it available to your customers on checkout. You can reactivate it by choosing 'Cash on Delivery' from your 'Alternative payments' settings." I even tried uninstalling and re-installing but it's no good.
Support is not of no help so far. Does anyone know what the issue might be?

Coral-Payment-providers-Shopify.jpgCoral-Alternative-payment-providers-Shopify.jpg

0 Likes
Prabhat
Shopify Expert
74 5 15

I can take a look into it. 
Just to understand the problem in details 

DM me I can check for free 

Solution Expert
- Did I solved your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
0 Likes
tinaomi
6 0 0
Hi Prabhat,

Thanks for reaching out. There's one more new problem now. I'm trying to
upload the pincodes csv file but it keeps getting stuck at "processing..."
I'd really appreciate it if you can look at that as well. Do you need
access to my store to check?
0 Likes
Prabhat
Shopify Expert
74 5 15

We can do screen share much safe for you as well 
You can DM me google meet link 

Solution Expert
0 Likes
tinaomi
6 0 0
Sure, I'm okay with that. Anydesk?
0 Likes
Prabhat
Shopify Expert
74 5 15

I prefer google meet 
https://meet.google.com/dve-tpzt-gqk

Solution Expert
0 Likes
SEXPILLSHOP
Tourist
3 0 1

I'm sorry if i'm on the wrong thread. just looking for active experts. Shopify shut me down after a year and my new provider needs me to unlock my domain and give them epp codes I'm in a middle of a huge growth spurt and have to redesign a site by tomorrow! the timing on this couldn't be worse! Thanks for your help!

0 Likes
Prabhat
Shopify Expert
74 5 15

I m not sure how can i help on this.

Did you contacted Shopify Support as this seems like they can solve it? 

Solution Expert
0 Likes
SEXPILLSHOP
Tourist
3 0 1

the phone number is down. how can i contact someone at shopify???? this is ridiculous! they shut down my site and now are holding me hostage! about to have a nervous breakdown. worst worst worst timing ever!!!!

0 Likes
Prabhat
Shopify Expert
74 5 15

Try Here
https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/login

Or try 
Screenshot 2020-10-07 at 7.02.23 AM.png
Or Join the above Meet link I might try to help you connect with shopify 

Solution Expert
0 Likes