Unable to reconnect Facebook page

Tourist
5 0 2

I have reconnected 6-7 times and it immediately disconnects. Deleted FB from Shopify and Shopify from FB - waited 30 minutes and reconnected. Immediately  disconnected. Now Shopify Tech is working on it. 

0 Likes
Tourist
23 0 1

Hey man did you manage to solve the issue? Am having the same thing for 2weeks now

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 3
I am now connected. I'm not sure how or why. I just kept starting over.

Gary

0 Likes
Tourist
23 0 1

What do you mean by starting over? Did shopify support help you because they can't help me. Im having this issue for 2weeks now

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 3
No help. I just kept trying multiple times until it worked. Sorry I can't be
more help.
0 Likes
1 0 0

We have this issue since february 2019 - shopify isn't able to help us.

They are telling us all time, that we have to publish the products - but that's not the issue.

If you click to the detailed view of a product, there is written that shopify isn't connected to facebook in the product availability.

So we are really dissapointed in this case and really don't know what to do anymore.

0 Likes
3 0 0
0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 2

We also had a facebook page and instagram linked to Shopify and this worked perfectly well for two weeks.  We then encountered a small issue when we tried to set up Facebook advertising, so on the advice of reading community posts removed the sales Facebook sales channel from our shopify store and then our problems grew.  We now cannot reconnect to back facebook or instagram, no matter what we try.  

We've tried removing caches and changing browers, then removing the facebook and instagram channels in shopify, then deleting the shopify apps from Facebook business integration settings, even done the whole process on different computers we've never logged into before, but still get this same message every time.  I have the correct permissions in Facebook.  We've contacted Shopify and spent hours on the phone, and am waiting for them to reply.  Help please anyone!

@jayhamm1 wrote:

At one point, we had Facebook enabled as a sales channel before it was disconnected. Now, I'm unable to reconnect the Facebook page. I get as far as adding the Facebook sales channel and being taken to Shopify's Facebook sales channel page. I can click "Reconnect account" and go through the pop-up Facebook UX flow. I sign into my Facebook account, the page shows up correctly in the pop-up, and I'm able to log into Facebook with 2FA and complete the connection on Facebook's end. But when the Shopify sales channel page reloads, I am told that I can't reconnect the page after all.

The error I get is, "Your Facebook account doesn't have admin access to the chosen page. Log in with the Facebook account that has admin access and try again. If you no longer have access to the current page, you can connect another page."

Problem is, I do have admin access through the Facebook account I'm using. Despite the error on Shopify's end, a Shopify integration tile appears in my Facebook account. I've tried removing the Facebook channel on Shopify, deleting this integration on Facebook's end and then re-reconnecting via Shopify. I've tried removing Facebook page admin access to my Facebook account and re-enabling it. I've tried different browsers. I've also tried connecting via another Facebook account that also has admin access to my company's Facebook page. Shopify just refuses to recognize that we have admin access to our own Facebook page.

I've had a support ticket (11933719) open with Shopify Support since Feb. 2 and have gone over 7 weeks with no resolution or meaningful updates. Facebook is our most important sales channel, so not having it is a dealbreaker for us. We've had to begin re-development on WordPress/WooCommerce. Has anyone else encountered similar issues? Have they been able to resolve it?

@jayhamm1 wrote:

At one point, we had Facebook enabled as a sales channel before it was disconnected. Now, I'm unable to reconnect the Facebook page. I get as far as adding the Facebook sales channel and being taken to Shopify's Facebook sales channel page. I can click "Reconnect account" and go through the pop-up Facebook UX flow. I sign into my Facebook account, the page shows up correctly in the pop-up, and I'm able to log into Facebook with 2FA and complete the connection on Facebook's end. But when the Shopify sales channel page reloads, I am told that I can't reconnect the page after all.

The error I get is, "Your Facebook account doesn't have admin access to the chosen page. Log in with the Facebook account that has admin access and try again. If you no longer have access to the current page, you can connect another page."

Problem is, I do have admin access through the Facebook account I'm using. Despite the error on Shopify's end, a Shopify integration tile appears in my Facebook account. I've tried removing the Facebook channel on Shopify, deleting this integration on Facebook's end and then re-reconnecting via Shopify. I've tried removing Facebook page admin access to my Facebook account and re-enabling it. I've tried different browsers. I've also tried connecting via another Facebook account that also has admin access to my company's Facebook page. Shopify just refuses to recognize that we have admin access to our own Facebook page.

I've had a support ticket (11933719) open with Shopify Support since Feb. 2 and have gone over 7 weeks with no resolution or meaningful updates. Facebook is our most important sales channel, so not having it is a dealbreaker for us. We've had to begin re-development on WordPress/WooCommerce. Has anyone else encountered similar issues? Have they been able to resolve it?

IMG_3654.JPGThis is message we keep getting no matter what we try

0 Likes
2 0 0

i have the exact same problem and it's a bummer..

i contacted shopify support and they didn't do anything about this!!

curious if anyone finds a solution for this ?

0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 1

For all who are having issues connecting their Shopify Shop to Facebook - I like to suggest that you stop trying and explore other alternative.

I've been having the same issues as the rest for weeks and I've finally managed to fix it.

Here are some of the steps to help you all:

1. Login into your Facebook Business Manager, and navigate to Catalogue Manager

If you previously had it working and now stop working. You should have some redundant catalogue lying around.

First remove any existing catalogue that you have.

2. Once you've removed all the Catalogue, begin to create a catalogue and go through all the steps required. Bear in mind, you will need to have a product feed for this. I used Facebook Product Feed (Flexify) for this and schedule feed refresh once a day. 

Once you've done that, go back to your Facebook Page - Setup your shop section. 

And it should be fixed. 

This implementation is to fix Facebook Shop & Instagram Shop by using a manual product feed instead of the existing Shopify Integration that doesnt work and trust me, i've gone through all the steps everyone + support has advised 

0 Likes