Uninstall Oberlo

Solved
ps1505
Tourist
9 0 0

Hello Everyone,

Running into a message when trying to uninstall Oberlo, so thoght I would ask the question before proceeding. When I am in the App menu and click the Delete button for Oberlo, a message appears stating "Oberlo can't be uninstalled without selecting a location to inherit." Do I simply select the default location used when I originally setup the store prior to installing Oberlo? I do not want to lose all of the non-Oberlo products that I have already posted. 

Thanks in advance.

Pete

0 Likes
Sophia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
864 57 98

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, Pete!

Sophia here from Shopify.

The error message, Oberlo can't be uninstalled without selecting a location to inherit, appears when uninstalling the app because the products were originally assigned to the Oberlo location. Products imported from Oberlo will stay in the store rather than being automatically removed along with the app.

All products need to be assigned to a location (even if they're not physically being shipped from that location, as in the case of dropshipping products), so any products that had been imported to your store through Oberlo will need to be assigned to a new location for inventory management purposes. This is also helpful in the event that you still had orders to fulfill including Oberlo products. However, if you no longer need the Oberlo products, you can delete them manually either individually if there are only a few, or through the bulk actions if there are many.

I hope you find this information helpful! Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes