Unknown payments

barazv
1 0 0

Hello, 

My PayPal has a balance and I don't know if I owe Spotify payments or my manufacturer. I am confused and could really use the help.

Thank you

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
887 93 139

Hello, @barazv. Welcome to the Community! I’m here to clarify things for you.

Paypal and Shopify Payments are both payment gateways that can be activated on your store in order to accept payments from your customers. If a customer chooses to pay with a credit card, their payment will be processed via Shopify Payments and the money gets paid out to your bank account directly. If your customer chooses to pay via Paypal, then Paypal processes the payment for you and the funds are transferred into your Paypal account. 

The money received into your bank account and/or your Paypal account is now yours to do as you like with. So, if you are in business with an external manufacturer, those funds are then available to pay them with if that’s how your business finances work.

To determine how much has been issued to your bank account via Shopify Payments, vs. your Paypal account, I recommend making use of your Shopify Analytics. For this particular data, please take a look at your Finance reports by going to ‘Analytics > Reports’ from your admin. Scroll down to the Finances section and click on Finances summary

Adjust the timeframe for which you’d like to view your finances on the top right hand side of the report as seen below, and the breakdown of payments per gateway will show in the Payments section. Clicking on any of the payment methods listed there will show more information, like which order(s) were paid using that gateway.

20-09-076o6-4yu0y

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any other questions, or need any further explanation. I’m happy to help!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes