Unlisted already approved app from Shopify app store for sometime

My_Pap_Shopify_
Shopify Partner
28 0 3

Hello,
One of our apps is about to get approved. After that, I believe the app will get approved and listed on the Shopify app store. But we would like to hold off the listing for sometime but still have our app approved in the meantime. We want to postpone the relisting/republishing of the app to the app store for 2-3 weeks because of internal reasons. Is it possible to do that?

Thanks

0 Likes
Dallas
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
911 60 177

Hey, there.

 

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team here at Shopify and I'd be happy to help shed some light on your particular situation.

 

I spoke with a member of our Partner Team and they were saying it would be best for you to actually submit your app around the time you're actually looking to launch your app.

 

By the sounds of it, however, it seems sort of like you have already submitted the app. Am I correct in thinking this? If that is the case then I can send up a request for a delay in posting however there would be a couple of other steps involved with this. The first would be to give an explanation as to why this is the case and the reasoning for your delay request. Then I would need to check with the Partner Team to see if that would be something they could work with.

 

If you don't feel comfortable sharing this information publically please let me know and we can move this conversation to a private email.

 

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
sumant
New Member
2 0 3

Hey Dallas, we are in a similar situation. We have a bunch of Shopify stores who want to use our product and we want to launch in beta with them to refine the product. We would like to launch an unlisted app -> Refine product with store owners and then launch it publicly. Is it possible to do that?