Why is the Shopify app provider unresponsive to our feature request?

Ved2
Visitor
1 0 0

We have a feature request and have been in touch with a customer support person from the App's support team. However, since a feature had been changed, the we notice that there has been no response from the App developers. We have had critical errors that are stopping our order flow yet there seems to be no urgency given to out issue.

Please can somebody help us out on this.

Kind regards,

Ved

Reply 1 (1)

Olivia
Shopify Staff
1695 146 302

Hey, @Ved2.

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thanks for connecting with our network and sharing your concerns. I'm sorry to hear that you are running into some issues with a Shopify Partner. We hold our partners accountable to provide the same high level of care and standard set by Shopify. Our partners are heavily vetted and trusted to support our merchants. 

As you haven't shared any specific details around your previous communications with the partner, let's look at some common scenarios and next steps:

1. Please allow a couple of business days to hear back from the partner. 
    • We have partners all over the world, working in all timezones, resulting in differing workdays and holidays. More often than not, they may have not gotten around to your request just yet.
        +
    • It's also very possible that the partner has been inundated with support requests, causing the delay in getting back to you.

2. If one week has passed, we (Shopify) can reach out to the partner on your behalf.
    If their team has not followed up with you in a week, we get involved. 

3. Part of being a Shopify Partner and listing apps through our App Store means they have agreed to provide quality and timely support.
    If a Shopify Partner is not keeping their end of the promise to our merchants and violating their agreement, our Partner Governance team will intervene.

Please let me know which of these is most applicable to you, and we can talk more about next steps.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog