[Update] Here's why Mailchimp is no longer in the Shopify App Store

Excursionist
14 0 6
If you're a very small business, try the app sendinblue . They have a free
option (up to 300 emails a day).
1 Like
Excursionist
14 0 6

Try sendinblue (in the app store). There's a free option (you can send up to 300 emails per day).

0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 8
Would Shopify confirm whether or not my MailChimp newsletter sign up in the footer of my website will work? I guess I just don't understand exactly what I need to do to continue using MailChimp with Shopify. I do not have time to get a new newsletter app nor move website platform altogether. No time and certainly no dollars. I need a clear explanation.
1 Like
Tourist
7 0 1

Dawn_Jenness, thank you! sendinblue is a possibility. I'm uncomfortably close to the 300 email a day cap for a free account, though. If you try them, can you report back. Thanks! 

0 Likes
Excursionist
14 0 6
It's what I chose. So far, so good. Remember to export your list from
MailChimp and import into sendinblue. Glad I could help :)
1 Like
Excursionist
27 0 10

So, if your limit is 300 per day and you have, say, 900 subscribers, you send the same email out three days in a row to 3 different group of 300?

0 Likes
Excursionist
14 0 6
I'm not sure to be honest, but you can ask them.
0 Likes
Excursionist
27 0 10

Actually, I am trying out MailerLite. Like MailChimp, it's free for a small list.

0 Likes
Excursionist
14 0 6
Yes, but there are no free templates. There is no custom html editor.
Honestly I wouldn't go that route.
1 Like
Tourist
7 0 1

FYI: Sendinblue also offers a pay as you go plan. You buy credits, 1 credit = 1 email to one contact. Starts at $40 for 5,000 credits. With my little list, at one newsletter a month, it would take me 16 months to go through those credits. Works out to about $2.50/month.  Worth a consideration. 

0 Likes