Upsell App with Detail

GeneraStudios
1 0 0

Hey everyone,

I'm in the need of an upsell app that can do one of two things:

• Show an upsell popup with product info, where I could have an iframe embed (like YouTube or Soundcloud). I sell digital audio products so just an image and description is basically worthless for an upsell. 
  • Take the customer to an offer page when they click checkout, where they can either add the offer to their cart and then it takes them to checkout, or lets them hit no and it takes them to checkout. (I would also be willing to hear suggestions on how to code this myself, I have a reasonable amount of coding skills just need tips on the redirects and make the buttons work properly). 

Every upsell app i've seen just shows a produce image and price, which doesn't really work in my type of business. I need to demonstrate the product with audio or visuals - so an offer page is much better than a popup. 

Would greatly appreciate help on this, thanks!

--

Andrew

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
378 47 68

Hey there @GeneraStudios,

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I can understand why your type of product would require more than a mere photo for upselling purposes, and I'd be happy to offer a couple of recommendations.

I contacted a few different Upsell Apps, and so far the only one that I see may be able to accomplish this is the InCart Upsell app. With this app, the offer can be configured to link back to the product page instead of adding the offered product to the cart. The Offer Text field also accepts HTML, so lots more photo/description can be shown beyond the default. I recommend trying it out on the 7 day free trial, and contacting their support team for any questions about the specific audio or visuals you're wanting to embed.

Alternatively, if this option doesn't work for you you can try hiring an Expert that may be able to set this up for you through code customization. I hope one of these is a potential solution for your upselling needs! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify.

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
PremierStores
Shopify Partner
270 26 43

Hi GeneraStudios,
Do you want to have custom offers depending on which products customer has on their carts? Or do you want to show the same product list when customers press checkout? At this way you don't need to make an App, also for the youtube video.

Let's make the best store!
Contact us at: thepremierstores@gmail.com
0 Likes
Danipink
6 0 0

Hi there, I can recommend to you Globo Upsell, Related Products  app. Regarding displaying iframe on upselling products, I think that you can use html iframe or meta field.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
1616 0 0

Would you consider a different approach? Let them finish checkout without interruption and then send an upsell offer via text message.

We've been doing this for a while and it's been working great!

The app we use is ours, it's called "Text Funnels". 

You can send offers where either specific items are discounted or you can offer a discount on everything in your store...no discount code for them to copy, the discount will already be applied when they click. It can be set so you have a funnel where multiple text messages can be sent over a period of time...like email funnels. You can set conditions for what message they receive next etc. We also integrated a "bot" for 2-way communication.

It's a free install and trial. Check it here: Text Funnels 

0 Likes
Anthony_Jackson
Shopify Partner
211 2 10

Hi there,

I hope that it's not too late to introduce our Upsell app. Our app includes all the features that not only what you have expected in an Upsell Cross-sell app but it also has various packages which are affordable, cheaper than any other competitors but effective.

About the features, you can show upsell popups after customers click Add-to-cart button or Checkout button. Besides, you also can show lists of cross-selling products in the product pages. Show upselling popup with the product detail, allow you to put iframe embed.
Let have a try, this app will not disappoint you.

0 Likes