Use Google Merchant Center and sell gift card?

Highlighted
3 0 0
I've recently set up my store and want to take advantage of the Google Shopping channel to promote my products.

After submitting to Google, I was notified that the merchant account was suspended due to having variants of gift cards at different prices and specifying AUD as the currency in the product title.

Gift Cards — Tufu Design $50 AUD Gift Card - shopify_AU_4793183699076_33237451014276 - https://tufudesign.co/products/gift-cards?variant=33237451014276&currency=AUD

I updated this to show a single gift card at $50 with no AUD specified, and resubmitted.

I'm now being informed that Gift cards in itself is not allowed as per the Merchant Policies. The Gift card which you are selling is not a tangible product.

My question is, surely there must be a way to offer this Shopify feature whilst also having the benefit of leveraging Google's Shopping channels? And if not, should there be clearer information upfront, from Shopify, about the inability to use gift cards in conjunction with Google Merchant Center?

Any help or thoughts on this would be great! Thanks
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Would this potentially solve my issue?

Screenshot 2020-04-16 12.50.28.png

0 Likes