Use a code to receive a free gift.

2 0 0

Looking for a way for the customer to enter a code and receive a free gift. Every app I look at will only give a discount in dollar amount or percentage amount. Anyone have an idea? Thank you.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
345 18 38
Can you provide more detail about how you want the free gift to be offered to customers?
Aitrillion is an 'All in One' Shopify app, built for the e-commerce store owners. With Aitrillion, maximize engagement and conversions by Loyalty Points and Rewards, Push Notifications, Email Marketing and automation, Chatbot with auto-optimization towards higher conversions powered by machine learning. Get deep insights about the activity of your customers with the help of Predictive Analytics and Artificial Intelligence.
Start your 14 days free trial now. https://www.aitrillion.com/
Get a free setup from our support.
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
269 20 36

Hi, @julyguy.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

That is a great question. We actually have a feature called, Buy X, Get Y that allows you to generate a discount code that would require the customer to make a purchase, and they would receive another product or discount in return. This also works with providing a free product that you could use as a free gift, to the customer. Check out our help doc that outlines the steps on how to create this discount in your Shopify admin, here: Creating discount codes - Buy X, Get Y

Is this what you were looking to do, or were you looking to only issue a free gift to a customer without the need to make a purchase? Thank you @AiTrillion for taking a look at this question, as well! 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
2 0 0

I can't find an app that will allow a customer to enter a code to receive a free gift. So I'm thinking if i had the free gift as a hidden product, they could enter the code, and i would give them 100%% discount, but I don't want that product showing to other customers.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
345 18 38
Shopify experts can easily custom code this for you. You can contact www.gowebbaby.com and they can customize this for+ you in the theme.

Thanksq
Aitrillion is an 'All in One' Shopify app, built for the e-commerce store owners. With Aitrillion, maximize engagement and conversions by Loyalty Points and Rewards, Push Notifications, Email Marketing and automation, Chatbot with auto-optimization towards higher conversions powered by machine learning. Get deep insights about the activity of your customers with the help of Predictive Analytics and Artificial Intelligence.
Start your 14 days free trial now. https://www.aitrillion.com/
Get a free setup from our support.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
269 20 36

Thank you for providing more details that you're looking to provide only a free gift when a customer enters a code. It sounds like you're wanting to hide the product so that only the customer can have access to the 100% discount. Is that right?

You can always create a discount code that is restricted to a specific customer. To do this, you can follow these steps: 

- Click on Discounts in your Shopify admin

- Click on Create discount

- After entering your discount code details, head to the Customer Eligibility section - here you can limit the code to a certain customer.

This would allow the specific customer to be the only customer eligible to add the code to their cart. Check out our help doc on creating discount codes for specific customers, here: Creating discount codes

Let me know if that helps or if you require more information! 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes