Using Youtube as a way to deliver videos

Highlighted
2 0 0

Is there an app that can deliver videos via Youtube like Skypilot does with Vimeo?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 37 93

Hello, @Kronos9326!

Karlie here from the Shopify Support Team! Are you looking for an app that emails your customers the youtube link? How are you looking to send videos to your customers? Can you tell me exactly what you're trying to achieve? I'm happy to look into this for you. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi @Karlie .

We were looking to use youtube to store our videos to deliver to customers. But I don't think that is going to be viable, since youtube doesn't allow for the same types of controls that vimeo does.

IE.

Customer buys a video, we then either send them to a protected page that shows the video in thier account, or they are delivered in their email.

However link sharing is something we'd like to avoid, as well as having those videos accessible to the general public.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 37 93

Hello again, @Kronos9326!

Karlie here! It sounds like you might have a better chance using Vimeo. I was looking into some alternatives for you. You could use a similar app, like Digital Downloads, but you would need to have the file on your computer - you can't use a URL. If you're interested in checking out that option, you can check out Digital Downloads, here. There are quite a few apps that would allow you to ship digital downloads to your customers, if you wanted to do some research you can check out those apps, here in the Shopify App store

You had mentioned the option of sending your customers to particular page. If you wanted to create a specific page which would include your videos, like so, then you could always use an app to password protect that page or use an app that allows specific customers to have access. I would suggest looking into the apps; Locksmith, Wholesale Lock Manager or MagicPass Wholesale

Depending on how you're wanting to send the video, you could look into sending the link via email as well. You can include the link of the video and simply use this guide to send your customers an email. 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes