Using the Barcode App with the Dymo 450 Twin Turbo printer

Matthew_Davis3
1 0 0

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had been able to use the barcode app (or get the barcodes for products) to print using the Dymo 450 Twin Turbo printer? I was hoping to be able to use it to quickly switch between small and large barcode sizes.

Cheers

Matthew

0 Likes
Justin_L1
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
126 0 9

Hey there, I'm Justin!

Currently, there is no way to get that particular printer to work with our Barcode app in our admin, but you can still use it without the connection to the admin.

You should have no problems in printing from the Dymo software though, assuming the printer is hooked up and installed correctly. :)

Enjoy your weekend!

Justin L

0 Likes
BarryVG
Tourist
3 0 1

Has this option to use the DYMO 450 Twin Turbo been addressed. Creating barcodes within a Dymo App, with a specific size label ... is not the same as a native software like Shopify Admin, or Shopify POS being able to generate barcodes that are not rejected by Google, and can be then simply printing using the Dymo printers (450?).  Most of our need is after creating a purchase order & saving it ... to then run batches of barcode labels for that order ... WHEN shipments come in to the store & items need to have barcodes to place on the floor & into inventory.  Google rejecting barcodes still seems like a recent problem, unless it is ONLY recognizing SKUs/Barcodes created by known manufacturers ALREADY online with their product. Our store, historically, generates its own barcodes, but NOW we're going online, so we need to know what WON'T work with Google, etc.

0 Likes