Video (mp4) with Text Overlay slider app?

RandyM
2 0 0

Hello,

Anyone know of an app that will allow me to use mp4 videos in a slider with text overlay?

Thanks in advanced!

Randy

0 Likes
Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 27 272

Hey, Randy!

Aria here, one of the Social Care gurus at Shopify. 

You don't actually need an app for that, just the right theme. The following themes have video slideshow capability: 

The ones I checked all had the text overlay option included, it's fairly standard. 

If you have your heart set on using a different theme, the Sections Anywhere app might work for you. 

Did that help? Let me know if there is anything else you need. 

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
RandyM
2 0 0

Thank you for your response. Next time I will have to be more proactive with determining exactly what my needs are before selecting a theme as to not waste money. It is a shame this is not more easily able to be solved with a plugin. I appreciate your help and will reach out to you in the future for your valuable support.

Thanks

Randy

0 Likes
Aria
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 27 272

Hey, Randy!

Aria again.

Did you check out the Sections Anywhere app I mentioned before? Do you think that might work for you?

I took another look at the app store but the other video apps seem to be for other things like product video's so hopefully Sections Anywhere might solve your issue. 

We're always around if you need more support. 

Aria
Social Care Guru
Shopify

Aria | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Mnatsakanyan
Shopify Partner
10 0 1

Hi 

0 Likes
BATE_Cindy
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi there,

This might be irrelevant to this post but I can't find the answer anywhere else. We are trying to use the narrative theme's default  "video with overlay text" section, the overlay text is underneath and not overlaying.... I'm not sure what's wrong.. If anyone knows what's wrong or how to fix this.. that'll be great!! 

Screen Shot 2020-08-13 at 12.04.31 PM.png

0 Likes