Virtual tip jar

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, does anyone know of an app that allows people to leave an optional extra amount for a tip on the cart or checkout page? It seems like such a simple thing but I just can't find any app that does this.  The only apps I've found in this ballpark are ones that allow you to donate an additional amount to a charity.  I'm a musician and I used to use Bandcamp previously which allowed people to pay more if they wanted when buying CD's, records, downloads, etc and the majority of people actually did. I really feel like this is something I'm missing out on since I switched to Shopify but just can't find an app that does it. Thanks

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
571 24 61

Hi there @minutetaker!

Don here from Shopify. :)

That's a great question!

I have also struggled to find an app specifically geared towards adding a gratuity rather than allowing for a charitable donation.

The closest match I could find would seem to be this Order & Product Fees app.

It allows you to create modular add-ons for products, like gift-wrapping, rush delivery, etc for which you can set a fixed amount or percentage of the product price.

While not perfect, this should allow you to set up options for your customers to add gratuities to products should they wish to tip.

I would presume you are referring to online sales here, and not in-person sales via our POS, which does have an in-built capability to allow for collecting tips.

Check out the app linked above, see if you can find a workable solution using its functionality and let us know here if you have any further questions!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Don,

Thanks very much for your help. I'll consider the order and product fees app.

Thanks,

Ben

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
571 24 61

Hi again there!

Don from Shopify once again. :)

Glad to hear you think you can make it work with that app, and if you need any support or direction for its use you can just reach out to the app developers by clicking on 'Get support' next to it in your Apps menu in the admin or you can find contact details on the app store page.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes