Virtual tip jar

Solved
2 0 0

Hi, does anyone know of an app that allows people to leave an optional extra amount for a tip on the cart or checkout page? It seems like such a simple thing but I just can't find any app that does this.  The only apps I've found in this ballpark are ones that allow you to donate an additional amount to a charity.  I'm a musician and I used to use Bandcamp previously which allowed people to pay more if they wanted when buying CD's, records, downloads, etc and the majority of people actually did. I really feel like this is something I'm missing out on since I switched to Shopify but just can't find an app that does it. Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 50 103

Hi there @minutetaker!

Don here from Shopify. :)

That's a great question!

I have also struggled to find an app specifically geared towards adding a gratuity rather than allowing for a charitable donation.

The closest match I could find would seem to be this Order & Product Fees app.

It allows you to create modular add-ons for products, like gift-wrapping, rush delivery, etc for which you can set a fixed amount or percentage of the product price.

While not perfect, this should allow you to set up options for your customers to add gratuities to products should they wish to tip.

I would presume you are referring to online sales here, and not in-person sales via our POS, which does have an in-built capability to allow for collecting tips.

Check out the app linked above, see if you can find a workable solution using its functionality and let us know here if you have any further questions!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Don,

Thanks very much for your help. I'll consider the order and product fees app.

Thanks,

Ben

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
811 50 103

Hi again there!

Don from Shopify once again. :)

Glad to hear you think you can make it work with that app, and if you need any support or direction for its use you can just reach out to the app developers by clicking on 'Get support' next to it in your Apps menu in the admin or you can find contact details on the app store page.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
705 53 158

@minutetaker  my team and I built an app for this, check it out: apps.shopify.com/tip-jar-app

It's called Tip Jar.

After installing the app you can customize it in the app interface then include it anywhere in your theme.

Here's a demo: tip-jar-app.myshopify.com

If you have any feature requests or need help with anything give us a shout - you'll get a welcome email on install and a direct connection to one of the developers.

Enjoy!

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
24 0 0

Hi @minutetaker,

My team and I recently created TipGenius, a simple tipping pop-up app for your Shopify store checkout and we are the Staff Pick this week!

With TipGenius, when a customer clicks your checkout button, a pop-up window gently asks if they would like to add a tip.

The call-to-action and tip amounts are customizable. If your customer has already added a tip they will not be prompted again.

With TipGenius, your customers can...

• Tip delivery staff
  • Thank the folks behind the scenes
  • Help with Covid-19
  • Show you they care

Check it out at https://apps.shopify.com/tipgenius

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
705 53 158

This is an accepted solution.

Shopify lets you do this on the Checkout page now - https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/checkout-settings/tips.

Here's what it looks like:

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 6.35.34 PM.jpg

To set it up, go to Settings Checkout and configure your tip options. Super easy 🤙

For cart page or anywhere else on your site, Tip Jar is still active and my team of developers takes requests to build whatever you need.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (free performance analysis tool).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes