WHOLESALE PRICING. APP RECOMMENDATION?

2 0 0

Hi, 

I'm hoping to create ONE PRODUCT where customers can pick between different crate sizes on WHOLESALE orders.

For example, buy 10 units of the product for $200, buy 20 units of the product for $350 or buy 40 units of the product for $500. 

Can someone recommend an app or another way to do this? I thought this should be a fairly straight forward thing to do but am a bit overwhelmed with the amount of different apps. 

Thank you.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
260 2 40

Hi Jasmin, 

Lisa here from the Social Care team. 

There are a lot of apps available for wholesale so I understand why it seems overwhelming! I would steer away from any wholesale apps for now, as these tend to be much more complicated and more expensive. Wholesale apps are great for internal product management and offering wholesale user accounts if you need this feature. However, it sounds like you're just looking for a simple solution to offer price breaks for the amount purchased.

There is a workaround for price breaks available, which you can do natively in the admin by adjusting the variant price. For example, 10 units, 20 units and 40 units can all be added under one product with it's own variant SKU and price for each. See the set up from the admin when adding variants below: 

Please keep in mind, this way all 10 units would be counted as one product, and the same with 20 and 40 crates.

If you did want to use an app to offer quantity price breaks, I suggest you start with the free app 'Volume Discounts'. You can use the table function on your product description to display the quantity breaks and price associated in a clear chart. 

See screenshot below for how to access this setting in your Shopify admin: 

Another popular app is 'Discounted Pricing' which will automatically add the table for you. Prices for this app start at $19.99/month and offers a 7-day free trial. Another option is 'Quantity Discount' which is similar in price, it offers the features you're looking to discount the price based on units purchased. 

Let me know how this goes for you and what you decide to go with! What are you selling in your store? Are you just getting started or have you been selling for a while? 

- Lisa

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

Thanks so much Lisa, that's exactly what I was after. Seems like I was looking in all the wrong places for a solution to this, I completely overlooked variables!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
260 2 40

You are so welcome, Jasmin. I'm glad there was a native solution in the admin that worked for you! 

What type of product are you selling in your store? 

- Lisa

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
110 0 3

Hi, Jasmine. The way to do this is called tiered pricing :) This app  Quantity Discount does it. You can choose the number of units of the product and set up the price for each quantity. At the checkout, a customer will see the total price with a discount for the exact quantity. See the attached screenshot. I suppose the description of the app will be enough to clear for you how it works :) Good luck!

eCommerce Solutions Developer
0 Likes