What is Cost field on product page? Is it same as Cost per Item?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
6 1 0

As mentioned in the product sourcing requirement and highlighted in my screenshot, the apps related to product sourcing must add the actual cost of goods to Cost field

Is it this one?

download.jpg

I am not seeing anything marked as "Cost" on the product admin page. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

As far as I'm concerned, many dropshipping or product sourcing apps don't support import the supplier product's cost to Shopify's Cost per item field. 

❤️ ShopMaster.com - FREE dropshipping solutions
✔️ Import products | Pirce and Inventory Monitor | Auto-order | Auto Fulfillment
☕ Official dropshipping partner of AliExpress, Banggood, CJDropshipping, and Chianbrands
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
6 1 0

@ShopMaster_ERP Thanks for the reply. I think you are correct about that but Shopify's approval team wants us to implement this feature on our app so I was asking the question to make sure that this is the field that they want us to update when we import the product into Shopify.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
682 63 88

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @hvs69.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out.

That's correct! The Cost per item field in the product details represents the Cost field for product sourcing or, as @ShopMaster_ERP suggests, the supplier's cost of an item when importing a product from a third-party app. Though the cost was optional before and not as widely used, it's important to note that the requirements for public apps are subject to change. Moreover, the cost field is also beneficial in helping merchants with their reporting and/or calculating their profit margins.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions on this topic, don't hesitate to let me know!

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog