What is the policy for leaving app reviews on Shopify apps store?

Solved
Shopify Partner
28 1 8

Just to clarify: I'm not talking about the process of apps submission review, I'm asking about the actual review that users left below the app page.

All I can find is this "Managing review" help article, which honestly is not much help. Is there anything else not mentioned in the page but you are aware of? From a developer position, what are some cases of violation that I should absolutely avoid? What is the punishment? (If there is)

Thank in advance!

Felicia Nguyen | Content Executive
Eggflow.com - Free-plan Shopify apps for increasing traffic and conversion.
Eggflow Fan page - Like us for our latest content and update.
My Quora page - Ask me anything!
0 Likes
Highlighted

Success.

Shopify Partner
121 8 102

Hi, 

This is direct from Shopify and covers everything you can't do with app reviews: https://help.shopify.com/en/api/app-store/being-successful-in-the-app-store/prohibited-actions

Shopify apps seem to follow the same rules as most review-powered sites (like Amazon and other retailers). You can ask for a review from people who have used your product, but you can't tell them to leave 5 stars or offer them payment, coupon, anything in order to persuade them to leave a better review. 

Punishments will vary, but the biggest one you could run into is having your app taken down from the Shopify app store.

From one app developer to another, I hope that helps!

2 Likes
Community Manager
Community Manager
2286 152 313

Hi @Felicia_Nguyen,

Nick here from Shopify. 

@SarahAtCarro nailed it here and shared the Prohibited actions on the App Store document which seems to be the most applicable to what you are asking. You can find the prohibited actions for leaving app reviews specifically in the screenshot below also: 

19-06-s5pnf-70ilj

Hope this helps add a little more context for you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
28 1 8

Thank both of you, Nick and Sarah!

Felicia Nguyen | Content Executive
Eggflow.com - Free-plan Shopify apps for increasing traffic and conversion.
Eggflow Fan page - Like us for our latest content and update.
My Quora page - Ask me anything!
1 Like