What to use for repair / customizing forms / app

Matt48
1 0 1

Hi, we are a company based in New Zealand and offer a full repair / customizing service for the outdoor industry. We fix everything from Gore Tex clothing to down sleeping bags and tents. We are also warranty repair agents for most outdoor brands in New Zealand. The other side to the business is manufatcuring and selling hunting and tactical gear we make and also other brands we distribute. We are having an overhaul on our website and gone with Shopify but we want to streamline our processes for the repairs side.

We need a POS or app that we can use for people coming in wanting repairs. We have to enter the customers details, shop store references, item that needs repairing, what needs to be done, and when the customer/Store needs the items to be back to them. We need everything to be traceable if stores ring up asking where the item is, or if it needs to be quoted first, or waiting on parts.... fairly compresentive basically. The paper trail also goes out to the factory with the item for the machinist to understand, repair and write times as to how long it took some can charge correctly and invoice the store or end user. Ideally we would love to have a report system to print out/view so we can see what's come in and when etc. 

We use Xero for our accounting package and would love everything to be integrated with this and shopify as often people getting repairs done will also buy product off us. Looking for the one system to rule them all! Which seems to be very hard to come by.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Cheers

Matt

Karlie
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
663 53 121

Hey, Matt! 

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! I have some great news for you - there are quite a few different options you have when it comes to collecting more information from your customers when they put through orders. I would be happy to share some suggestions with you so that you have some resources to help you achieve the type of functionality you're looking for with your storefront. 

Your first option would be to manually adjust your theme coding to add in a function that would allow you to collect information from your customers with cart attributes. To do this you're going to want to be in your Shopify admin, then Online Store > Themes. You will then want to select the theme you want to edit, and then you'll click on Actions > and Edit code. This guide goes step by step into detail about how you can add the cart attributes function to your storefront. 

Another option you have would be to use an app. There are many apps in the Shopify App Store to choose from that would basically allow you to collect more customer information on the product page of your storefront. I've gone ahead and grabbed 4 different app options that I would recommend checking out to see if they would work best for your business. Be sure to check out:

Now, you had mentioned a way to collect customer information on the Shopify POS - so I thought I would recommend a method that would work strictly when putting through orders with your point of sale. This method would allow you to add notes to the cart page when using the POS so that the notes are added to the order page in your Shopify Admin. 

To add an order note to the cart page when using the POS, you would want to select '...' icon from the top right corner of the cart page. Next, you can click on 'Add Note,' type your note in there and click on 'done.' This guide not only goes step by step through this process, but it also gives some great visuals as well as it shows you how to remove order notes too!

I hope this helps, but if you have any further questions - be sure to ask and we would be happy to help!

Karlie
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

Karlie | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
garrettnixon
1 0 2

Hello Matt48,

We're an outdoor products brand in the US also looking for a way to handle repairs through Shopify, did you ever find a good solution?

Thanks! 

AiTrillion
Shopify Partner
2437 141 439
Hi Matt,

You can try this custom form builder app where you can add all this fields and collect data from it - https://apps.shopify.com/form-builder

You can try conditional logic, export all data in CSV and take payment through the same form also.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks
Sachin D | Shopify Growth Expert @ AiTrillion

- Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
- Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
- 10+ Years of eCommerce experience.
- 1400+ Stores Designed on Shopify.
- All in One Marketing App on Shopify AiTrillion Marketing Automation
- 13+ Shopify Apps launched on app store.
0 Likes
VoltaireCO
Tourist
7 0 1

We currently use Form Builder but, would love to find something that out of the box behaves more like a service/repair type of app.  You can't add the info necessary to the Customer object so being able to ensure that you have a 'service order' in queue and then more easily track all the parts/customization and not lose all that data and also track that its 'in process'.  So for example, tracking when we have a "bike" in our shop on a certain date, we don't want to lose track of that and have the ability to add statuses, notes, etc. so it doesn't get 'lost'. 

CottageQuilting
2 0 1

Did you ever find a solution for this?

We own a sewing machine store and we do sewing machine repairs.

We need a repair module that will allow us to:

1) log customers new and old

2) log the sewing machine model number, serial number

3) log the issue

4) have a click box for accessories/items brought in with the machine (ie. bobbin, thread, carrying case, etc so we can log everything with the machine - we can provide an exact list)

5) "what" repair they need - we have a set standard of rates that we use and we'd like to be able to have a click box for these items

6) we need to be able to input technician notes, log time and name etc.  If we can upload images on the back end great etc.

7) we would like to email the customer their ticket and also print out a ticket

8) we'd like to be able to notify via email and or text when the machine is ready for pick up

9) it would be nice but not mandatory that a customer could check on their repair ticket remotely if they wanted.

Does an app like this exist?  We've looked at "After sales repair" but I can't get it to work and I've emailed them and there is no response.

Thank you - 

cottagequilting@shaw.ca
manager@cottagequiltingonline.com

_SMETS
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi @CottageQuilting 

I own 2 jewellry stores and I'm also looking for something like this. A app/service that works with Shopify POS. Did you ever found a sollution? 

Thanks,

Jonas

GlenWyrovsky
1 0 0

Has anyone found a good program for repairs? I also work in jewelry and there does not seem to be a decent repair module within shopify or their apps.

0 Likes