Where to Start with Customer Facing experiences embedded in the shop.

Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Hi all,

I've been digging into the documentation, setup a developer account, a test store, and got a Node + Express app to install following some of the great docs like this one.  

I want to build an app that a shop's customers interact with.  An example would be a Share this Product interface, or an Upload Your Photos experience.  

From what I can tell these are embedded iframes, but I can't figure out what docs to start reading up on to build them myself.

Any advice is appreciated!

Edit: Okay, so I've been digging into some popular apps like Loox and Chatra, and it looks like they have a Javascript tag that is embedded in the store after install, and that tag loads some more JS and/or loads the iframe and styles it.  Is this the standard practice?  How do I add that initial JS tag?

Edit 2: So, I've found that installing Chatra adds the .js file to the asyncLoad() function's array of urls to load.  So, I guess the next step is to figure out how to access this via the API.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 0

Any nudge in the right direction would be really appreciated.  I'm trying to figure this stuff out 'the hard way,' but I would love a link to some write-up or related docs.

0 Likes