Which Form App?

Solved
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 2 4

Hi I have looked and reached out to a couple Custom Form App developers to see if their App would fit my needs, but nothing does.  Here's what I need to happen.  I have Vendors who will secure their sales territory by selecting all the cities within their service area.

I have an Excel sheet with 5000 cities covering all 50 states.  I need a form where they select their State (maybe from a dropdown of all 50 states), then based on that selection I would like the page to display all the cities associated with that state.  A checkbox next to each OR, greyed out if the column on the Excel sheet for that row shows "F" (using true or false logic to disable the boxes) 

Lastly at the bottom of the form, fields to complete their submission:

Your Name
Your Phone
Your Email
Business Name
Business Address
Business Phone
Business Email
Website

Submit Button emails results including cities selected.

Anyone have an App to recommend that does this?

Thanks in advance for feedback - Dave

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 171

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, Dave!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

This is a great question. Since you've already reached out to a few apps developers, could you let me know which apps have you tried, please? I'd like to know so I won't mistakenly offer you the apps that you've already tried and couldn't achieve your goal.

I've researched into some apps and figured the ones that may not work to your needs are due to the sheer volume of information you need to add in the selectors, namely the 5000 cities covering all 50 states, along with the advanced customizations you have in mind. 

Instead of the apps available on the platform, I recommend you to try the two sites known for building advanced forms.

1. Wufoo
  2. Jotform

The two offer more advanced features that may be able to help you out with the selector with all the states and helping you to get the second selector to react with the first one (filtering out the corresponding cities to the state selected).

Alternatively, if the sites aren't able to achieve your goal, I suggest you reach out to Shopify Experts. The Shopify approved developers will be able to help you build a form with the features tailoring your business needs.

I hope this information helps, however, should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply back here and I'd be happy to help out!

All the best,
Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 2 4

Hi Jason and thanks for the info and assistance.

I got an email back from these guys:

https://apps.shopify.com/custom-forms

stating their App would not be able to help me.

When I get back tonight, I will review your 2 suggestions:

Woofoo Jotform

And comment back after a review.

Thanks again Dave

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
12 2 4

Hey Jason ~ Dave here with status on your suggestion for WuFoo - they are awesome and did the trick for solving my web forms challenge.

Appreciate your help, thanks!

PS - their support is very attentive too and highly recommend them if anyone needs to create forms with our without rules.  Really easy and good videos and help files to get you going.

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 171

Hey, Dave!

That's fantastic! So glad that it worked out with WuFoo and you had such a great experience with them. Thank you so much for sharing your experience with our fellow merchants and experts! 

Best,

Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes