Which apps am I paying for?

Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Is there a way to see which apps I'm paying for and how much I'm paying on a monthly basis? I see the line item on my monthly invoice for $71. But I don't know what is all rolled up in that number. 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
814 45 132

Hey there!

Peter here from Shopify Support!

There's no native way to see which apps charge and which ones don't, however, if you head over to Settings/Billing you can click on "View Outstanding Charges" which will indicate any pending charges that have yet to be billed:

Additionally, if you click on the invoice date under your "invoices" area this will open up your invoice to view it in greater detail. If you click on the middle line, this will expand the list to show you what apps are being charged for that specific invoice: 

If there's anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best, 

Peter M
Shopify Support

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
2 0 0

Thanks Peter

Ok when I login I see we have two monthly charges

• $15 - plugin called 'relatable' (that was clear to see once you pointed out how to drill down into it. Thanks!)
  • $71 - The not-so-helpful "subscription fee"

We paid to do the annual subscription for Shopify (billed in June) to save over the monthly payment. So my guess is that this $71 would be the fees on our remaining plugins. Do you agree?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
814 45 132

Hey again! 

If you paid for your subscription annually the subscription charge would still appear as a line item for accounting purposes however you'll notice that at the bottom of the invoice the subscription charge is credited. 

When you pay for your subscription annually versus monthly this adds a lump sum credit onto your account which is eaten away at monthly until the credit is used up. Since the $71 is credited you should only be seeing the app amount charged on your credit card statement. 

If there's anything else I can help with please don't hesitate to reply back and I'll happily help out!

All the best, 

Peter M
Shopify Support

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey there 

I am sure that I have not give permission to apps to charge me? why am I billed? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
814 45 132

@apollonianacade 

When installing an app into your store, and if the app has a monthly recurring charge, then you would need to approve these charges before the app can be installed.

19-10-w5aeb-laftc

If the app has a trial, then it will outline when the trial will expire, and when charges will begin. If the app doesn't meet the requirements you need for your business; then you'd want to ensure that you've removed the app before the trial runs out. If you are charged for an app, then it would require the app developers' approval to have it refunded/credited back to you. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

0 Likes