Which apps do you use and why?

2 0 0
In the process of starting a new Shopify store and wondering which apps different people use so we can pick from the best.

Mind replying with:
1) What do you sell?
2) How many people do you have at your business?
3) Which apps do you use and why?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
346 10 36

Hi, @Thecity 

Elle here from Shopify!

While crowdsourcing apps is a great way to learn more about all the apps we offer, many of the apps available can only be used for certain businesses. For example, subscription apps will likely only be used by a subscription based business. 

Three apps I would recommend for all stores are:

• Kit -  Kit is a virtual employee that will automate marketing for your Shopify store. You can learn more about Kit here.
  • Product Reviews - Product Reviews allow customers to leave reviews about your products. This provides a way for your customers to engage with you, as well as each other to encourage sales.
  • Fomo -  Social proof displays previous orders placed on your store. Social proof is a great way to increase conversion rates on your Shopify store. You can browse all social proof apps here.

If you don't mind sharing a little bit about your business I'd be happy to recommend some other apps for you based on your strategy!

Cheers,
Elle

Elle | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Excursionist
21 2 3

Hi @Thecity,

welcome to the community :)!

I sell fashion accessories, we're a small team of three people.

One app I couldn't live without is called "FraudBlock" (https://apps.shopify.com/fraudblock-fraud-prevention) - it automatically cancels high-risk orders so you don't accidentally fulfill these. Once you've launched your store and your order volume picks up, the number of orders marked by Shopify as "fraudulent" will likely also increase, and it can get tedious pretty quickly to have to manually comb through orders to cancel the high risk ones.

Apart from that, I'm using an app for social proof (to make the store more lively) and a newsletter signup popup.

Good luck with your launch!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi @Thecity ,
This is Mafruha from Vaporsouq.com.

VaporSouq is an online store based on Shopify. If you are new on Shopify and need some app to aid your store, you can follow few of the apps mentioned below. These are the few of the best apps which are helping our store to run smoothly.

ExpressSales by MarbGroup  -  There must be tons of occasions you may need of giving flash sales or discounts to your clients. This app will make this very important task to an easy one. See here how a few clicks can make the job done. ExpressSales by MarbGroup

Product Reviews – Getting some real time review of your products from the clients bought from you is an extra advantage for both of you and the new clients. Because it builds the trust between the two parties. This app is a free app which is serving the job very well done. See more here.

JSON Express for SEO  - The name says it All. When you are having a website for your store, one of the biggest concerns is SEO. And what could be a big relief if you can have an app which can insert your desired JSON-LD structured data to pages and contents automatically. It integrates with product reviews too. See for yourself, here.

Bold Multi‑Currency – If you a store with international business, you may like to present the price as per your client’s choice of currency. This app will help your clients to see the price by converting to their desired currency. Help yourself to see the detail here .

Hope this helps you to the apps you were looking for.

Good day.

Mafruha

0 Likes
Excursionist
55 1 6

Hey @Thecity,

Congrats on this venture and welcome to the Community. You should try Kudobuzz's Apps. It's a Saas Company that helps eCommerce merchants like yourself to grow their revenues through the use of its smart apps. There are three of them. Check them out here.

I hope I helped.

Thanks,

Naana.

0 Likes
Pathfinder
103 4 11

@Thecity wrote:
In the process of starting a new Shopify store and wondering which apps different people use so we can pick from the best.

Mind replying with:
1) What do you sell?
2) How many people do you have at your business?
3) Which apps do you use and why?

@Thecity We wrote an article to explain the detail of some best apps for your shop, it is best to fit for your number (3). You can take a look at it HERE

Vince Nguyen | Ecommerce Consultant at HappyPoints.io
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
Email me at: vince@happypoints.io
0 Likes
2 0 0

Wow, thanks for the insights! Very useful suggestions and tons of different apps to check out and definitely makes sense to look into more category specific apps.

In our case, we want to sell custom leather camera straps which we source from a vendor in Italy and then sell primarily to a US audience. We have three people in our team: one person close to the manufacturer in Italy, one person who will deal with operations/logistics and then I'll deal with marketing and merchandising. Given that we're so spread out geographically I'm trying to figure out if we should use something like Slack to help with communication. 

Looked into Shopify and Slack apps but most of these seem pretty basic (just notifications and sales reports). Any tips on how to make sure everybody stays on the same page while running your Shopify store?

0 Likes
Tourist
9 0 2

Hi Thecity, I am app developer and thinking to develop Slack app in Shopify. Could you share what specific feature you expect? 

0 Likes