Wholesale app that will integrate with Bold apps

CPDesigns
4 0 0

We are using Bold Discounts and Product Options by Bold.   In the course of upgrading our theme, we discovered that our wholesale app(Wholesale Club by Pixel Union) was not compatible with Bold Discounts.  We looked into the Bold's Wholesale app but were told by Bold that their wholesale app does not work with their Product Options app.  

So the question, does anyone have experience with a wholesale app that is compatible with both of these Bold Products?  Or a product that will replace the Bold apps?  

Thanks!

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
990 61 162

Hi, @CPDesigns.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

This is a good question. I appreciate that you reached out to the third-party developer of your app to inquire about using a wholesale app.  I wanted to hop in here to add a few suggestions for wholesale apps and to encourage the community to provide their thoughts and insight. Before providing some resources, I would like to know more about what your goal is when using these apps together. 

What is it that you're looking to do? 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
CPDesigns
4 0 0

Thanks for your reply Tira. 

The problem that we are running into is that wholesale discounts are not being applied in the cart or on the checkout page.  The discounts do show correctly on the product page(we show the regular price crossed out and the wholesale price beside it).  This is what our wholesale developer said about the issue:

The issue with other discount apps is more often that the checkout calls needed to connect app discounts really only allow room for one caller. Bold Discounts takes over the checkout APIs in ways that prevent our app being able to carry over its own discounts. In terms of Checkout prices, those are applied via database calls once the checkout button is clicked. 

We use Bold Discounts to show our sale items, and that correctly shows the sale prices on the product page and carries over to the cart and the checkout page.  

0 Likes
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
2571 136 453

@CPDesigns  for either app can you not set one to ignore a specific set of products, or part of the problem customers will still order a mix or wholesale + sale items?

Problem Solved? ✔️Accept and ? Like the solution so you can help others.
Buy me a coffee ☕ paypal.me/paulnewton or donate to eff.org
Confused? Busy? Buy a custom solution paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com
0 Likes
CPDesigns
4 0 0

@PaulNewton  @Tira 

We tag our wholesale products and then when Wholesalers log in they see the discount specified by the wholesale app for certain products.  Those same products are available to retail customers with no discounts.  So regular customers can purchase items tagged wholesale, there is just no discount.  

0 Likes
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
2571 136 453

The problem that we are running into is that wholesale discounts are not being applied in the cart or on the checkout page. 

.....We use Bold Discounts to show our sale items,

You can ignore this but make sure to verify it's not a misconfiguration, or theme errors.

• Is this the case if you disable, or remove conflicting apps?
  • For logged in wholesale customers can you disable(in the theme) bold discounts related javascript and liquid to checkout out regularly?
    • What about with a different set of  whitelisted/blacklisted products?
  • Can you manually pass a wholesale discount and checkout with a test customer? 
https://{{shop.domain}}.myshopify.com/discount/{discount_code} 
or http://www.{{shop.domain}}.com/collections/all/my-product?discount={{ discount_code }}

Discount API and checkouts

Like the app dev said discount apps jockey for control either in API or in javascript.

Most custom solutions for regular plans do inventory segmentation which swaps these types of conflicts but with different backend issues(inventory sync).  Done either with volume price baked in or locked down discounts, or a separate store with it's own discount system or pricing rules, etc. After all if your segmenting your customers  why not segment product lines too.  (ShopifyPlus plans get wholesale channel and checkoutscripts )

If you decide to move where the headache is with segmentation try to keep the original product.ids for the wholesalers so B2B drafts,reorders,etc dont shift around.

Wholesalers log in they see the discount specified by the wholesale app for certain productsThose same products are available to retail customers with no discounts.  So regular customers can purchase items tagged wholesale, there is just no discount.  

I'm not following that 100%, if wholesalers get discounts but regular customers don't what's the issue exactly?

Assuming the goal is to have sales for regular customers by using discounts. Instead of using price reductions because then wholesalers would also get an improper price reduction since all the inventory is the same.

If that's the case could you just modify the wholesalers discount to reflect the difference during a price reduction? or is another complication your trying to automate scheduled B2C sales?

0 Likes
CPDesigns
4 0 0

Thanks @PaulNewton.  The theme in question is not live yet so I will have Bold disable their discount app and see if the wholesale app works. 

And yes, the goal is to have sales for regular customers by using discounts.  

0 Likes
PaulNewton
Shopify Partner
2571 136 453

New version of bold discounts app is out, might help though seems to be only with their custom pricing app

https://blog.boldcommerce.com/discount-app-for-shopify#:~:text=Manage%20VIP%20and%20wholesale%20prom...

0 Likes