Why credit card option sometimes not displaying - only Paypal

Highlighted
Excursionist
25 1 5

I would like to post a resolution here for the benefit of the community. It turns out that the paypal express button was showing up at the begining of my check out process and I was mislead that after filling out Name Etc the button at the bottom of the page said "shipment Method". I assumed there was no other screen after that but that is in fact where the credit card info is collected. I am trying to figure out how to just move the paypay express button to the same page as the credit  card page. Hope that helps.

joro

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I've found that this only occurs when I've behind firewall on on VPN at work.   Never happens on mobile device or wifi. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hi, Ann,
I have encountered the same problem that my payment method didn’t show except for PayPal and Google pay. Also , when I type in the shipping info, it shows “ There are no shipping methods available for your cart or address.” Please help! Thank you !
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 1 0

Any resolution? I am seeing the same thing. Just found out today as I have been wondering why my customers are always using PayPal. Any help from Shopify or a temporary walk around?  Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the same problem.  

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Can somebody from shopify answer on this problem that so many shop owners have?

With such high monthly fee we pay, i would expect a better customer service!!

I have same problem, the credit card icons dont display at the initial steps of check out, while there is massive branding of paypal.

If a customer doesnt want to pay by paypal, will not be able to figure out that credit card icons will appear later and is a high risk of losing the sale.

thanks for your help!

E

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the same issue, the credit card options showed up this morning. Now when I click on the checkout page all I see is the PayPal and Apple Pay. Has this been resolved, or is there anyone from Shopify that can answer this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

If you click "create account" it will show up the window to pay with credit card. This is some big bug for sure. Seems to be related with the cookies saved on the phone.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

This bug still exists as of July 2020. Shopify most likely is bugged, or they are running their own experiments to show/hide payment methods. This is really frustrating, will probably switch to woocommerce and wordpress so I have total control.

0 Likes