Why credit card option sometimes not displaying - only Paypal

Highlighted
7 0 0

I am trying to work out why sometimes at checkout customers do not get the credit card payment option. We tried a dummy order and once it showed us the option - and another time it didn't. Seems to be working now which is the main thing but worried it might be a recurring bug of some kind?

Also where in Shopify do you actually set the payment options?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
510 0 77

Hey there, 

I'm Ann, from the team here at Shopify :)

That sounds strange for sure! For starters, you can see your payment options under Settings>Payments in your Shopify admin. Secondly, the option to pay using PayPal might appear on earlier pages of the checkout, however, the option to pay with a credit card will always appear on the last page of the checkout process. This is because usually with PayPal, people don't need to fill in all their billing and shipping addresses and information since it's stored on their end. 

It's definitely hard to say what could be causing this to happen, however, when you do see it again, make sure you get a screenshot of the issue. Then let us know and we can take a look! Just reach out to us through any of the methods on this page :) 

Have a great one,
Ann

Ann | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Thanks Ann - will do

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi

I'm having a similar problem with this issue were entering the credit card details section isn't showing when checking out from my facebook store page, but it shows up if i go to the checkout through my actual site, is there a way to fix this?

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 6

Guys,

I'm still longing for an answer on this topic.

I've posted a similar post here: https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/ecommerce-design/t/review-order-page-adding-payments-logos-527074

It is critical for user to feel reassured and clear during checkout. Currently checkout doesnt fill the criteria.

Kindly answer asap please.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

We've had the same problem with a client in Australia. Only the PayPal option showing. We tested on one of our PCs here, and the first time on PayPal showed (Windows 10, IE), however, when we tested a second time, normal credit card options showed and we have not been able to replicate the problem. However, our customer waited a few days, tried again and only PayPal came up for him. I have disabled PayPal from our store until this can be resolved.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

I am also facing same issue. As per my findings while some test orders, when I pressed payment button which takes me to PayPal, there no option to make payment by Debit/ Credit Card.

On another test I left my payment page idle for few minutes (busy in other work) then I have pressed payment button which takes me to PayPal page and there its showing me option to pay by Debit and Credit Card, ITS STRANGE

Did same again, but no success.

Please help Identifying in this issue.

Regards

Adeel Fiaz

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

Why credit card option sometimes not displaying - only Paypal.

Help Please. It's not a joke!

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm having a similar problem, I'm Brazilian and only appears the paypal button in my template, I would like to use the merca do pago and bitpay.

Who I will sell without payment method, nobody wants to use paypal.

As I will sell without payment method, nobody wants to use paypal

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
25 1 5

Ann - I am having the same problem. Earlier I purchased something from my store as a test and I was shown the CC informaton boxes. Now I can only see the express checkout with PayPal. See my screen shot. I have checked my admin settings. I am using Shopify payment processing and have not changed anything. Any ideas?

Checkout.jpg

0 Likes