Would this app be approved or not by Shopify?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey guys,

We are looking to develop an application. This app would basically ask the user for their Google Analytics account and provide medals to their site according to how well their site had been performing in terms of traffic and conversion. This app would basically run a competition between different Shopify sites who would install in this app in their stores and then give them awards accordingly but the basic functionality of the app would be only to get access Google analytics account and then use our own KPIs to determine who's the winner of the competition and than gave medals accordingly. 

My question is would this app be approved by Shopify or not?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
228 0 36

Hi, Adnan!

Anders from the Shopify Social Care team here. Thanks for reaching out.

That certainly sounds like an interesting app! Gamifying things like website traffic is an interesting concept. When creating and submitting an app to be considered for our app store, first, you will need to sign up for a Shopify Developer account. Once you're all set up there, we have a guide on what the process of submitting an app to be approved entails. You can read through that here. This also includes guidelines and tips on how to best prep your app for approval. 

Best of luck with the submission process! 

Anders3 | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes