Xero/Shopify Integration Options in Response to Bold Price Gouge

Tourist
5 0 4

Very happy to help.  I guarantee that if you were able to release something this year, you would have a large influx of customers, especially if you can get it out before Bold realizes their pricing blunder and starts to be more reasonable.

0 Likes
Excursionist
15 0 3
Yes, it is the reconciling that is everything. I personally don't need the inventory reduction for Xero, as I use a third party app (Tradegecko) to track my inventory, but I am sure it would be beneficial for others. Although Shopify did just release a more robust inventory tracking system so I don't know what that will do for people on Xero.
0 Likes
Excursionist
15 0 3
Hi, I personally don't need the inventory part of it as I use a third party app, Tradegecko, to track, but others might. I am needing an app that will push my daily sales information from Shopify to Xero. It has to be able to define different sales tax brackets and different payment types (sometimes my customers pay mixed, as in: part cash, part credit card, part gift card, etc. Also, IF it is possible, it would be great if it could differentiate between payment locations, like when I do a show, but that my be a Shopify issue. The problem there is my cc sales from everywhere gets lumped into one payment with Shopify so when I do a show it takes me hours to figure out what sales came from the show versus my POS in store. Perhaps an end of day bulk import rather than a line for every single sale is best?

Also, you need to know that Shopify cuts off their daily sales at midnight UTC time zone, not based on where the store is taking sales. Your feed information has to match that time cut off or it makes reconciliation with our bank feed impossible.

Thanks for doing this!

Roshan

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
11 0 12

Any new integration would need to  handle orders as invoices, and apply payments against those invoices. It would need to handle refunds and exchanges elegantly, as well as taxable and non taxable items in the same store. Also exporting the shopify payments data as well. 

I can't believe how much Bold are charging.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
30 1 3

@RosalieL wrote:

Any new integration would need to  handle orders as invoices, and apply payments against those invoices. It would need to handle refunds and exchanges elegantly, as well as taxable and non taxable items in the same store. Also exporting the shopify payments data as well. 

I can't believe how much Bold are charging.

Hi Rosalie,

It would be good to get some further insights on your requirements. I am in touch with other merchants looking for Xero integration - especially the 2 persons more active in this chat.

Can you please share your contact details at kumar@parextech.com?

Thank you.

0 Likes
5 0 0

Morning, I use Shopify purely for POS, I used to use the auto connection to Xero but the problem was that for each sale it generated an Invoice in Xero, the biggest issue was it did not split what was cash or a card payment and it was a nightmare to balance so we turned the auto connection off.   Then I gave my accountant access to the reporting and on a monthly basis we would reconcile, mainly for VAT purposes.  

Now that we are facing "Make Tax digital" instead of looking at this monthly it will have to be daily and what I really need is a way of exporting the end of shift readings that shows Card, Cash, gift voucher etc per till point,    Can anyone give me any advice on this?

Many thanks and Kind Regards

Ken

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
30 1 3

Hi Ken,

We are working on a Xero integration. It would be helpful to connect offline.

I will be happy to speak with you if you can either share your credentails or send me an email at kumar@parextech.com

Thank you.

0 Likes

Hey,

Just checking on this thread.  Has there been any progress?  I wrote a simple private app to help in this mess till something better comes along and wanted to see if you are still working on the problem or should I really continue working on my simple tool to make it more.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
30 1 3

Hello,

We have prepared and got listed the app for Shopify to Xero integration.

You may visit and get more details at https://apps.shopify.com/xero-bridge

We have been getting some decent feedback in the last few months that we have been listed.

Happy to answer any questions for anyone.

Thanks.

1 Like
Highlighted
9 0 0

We've heard good things about https://www.a2xaccounting.com/shopify as they appear to focus on having things reconcile as opposed to simply pushing orders.

0 Likes