Yet another MailChimp pop-up problem!

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello all,

Set-up a subscriber mailchimp pop-up after linking mailchimp to shopify. No code transfer necessary, automatic process handled. 

Surprise, surprise the pop-up is not showing up. I have deleted cookies, went incognito, tried other browsers, mobile, etc. 

Scoured the forums with no luck. See a bunch of posts that get replied with "Here is a screenshot of your working pop-up, not sure why you can't see it." Not much troubleshooting. 

I understand the theme itself could be preventing. Where could I verify that the code was correctly implemented?

Does it take time for the changes to take place? (Seems unlikely to me). 

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
654 35 105

Hi Dokotah, Tira here, a Shopify Guru ready to help! 

It looks like you have already tried a number of troubleshooting steps such as clearing your cookies, trying incognito mode and other methods to get the pop-up to appear. I took a look at your storefront and in the first few seconds, I didn't see a pop-up appear, however after staying on the page for a bit longer, the pop-up eventually appeared and looks like this:

Typically the Mailchimp code is usually inserted into the theme.liquid file of your theme's code. To check this, you can go to your Shopify admin into "Online Store > Themes > Actions > Edit Code" and click on the "theme.liquid" file on the left. Mailchimp also has an extensive document on the process of adding your pop-up and generating a code to pop-up here: Mailchimp - Add a Pop-Up Signup Form to Your Website

My other recommendation would be to use an app such as Mailchimp Forms by MailMunch which would add a pop-up to your store and connect your Mailchimp list to the app. 

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes