Yotpo SEO Page

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hey guys,

I'm so confused about Yotpo's SEO Page and where I should install it on my site? Does it need me to create a separate Reviews page for it? Any dummy advice would be great as I am obviously not very tech or app-savvy at this point. Also, while we're on the Reviews app subject, how does Yotpo's free plan compare with Shopify's free Product Review? Not ready to invest in Apps yet as a small business and really want to get this one right! Thanks so much:)   

Amber

0 Likes
Explorer
49 2 10

Yotpo as an app is pretty good, we use it on about 9 stores. But it's expensive.

It does a tonne of stuff especially with really good automations around "please review this product" emails. They also have pretty advanced syncing of reviews internally and cross site. Great when you have multiple stores with the same products, or multiple products which you'd like to logically treat as the same thing for reviews (maybe different sizes or colours that you've setup as different products for eg) 

The SEO page is not very well thought out imo. One thing I've noticed is that for many of the products we have, there is good search volume in Google for "[product] + reviews", in my mind, what I'd like to do in this case is create an SEO page for each product that has searches like that happening. So each reviews page <title> might be something like "[Product] Reviews - [Store Name]". This approach might not be for everyone though. 

I would start with keyword research to determine if people are doing "review intent" searches for your brand or product and build it around that as much as possible, this might mean one review page, or one per product, or none. Depends what's getting searched for. And no you don't need to setup the YotPo review page if you don't think it's needed, it's not a killer feature imo. 

Also, if I was in your position & just starting out I'd gravitate towards something like judge.me - much cheaper and basically same features as YotPo.

In-house SEO on a few S+ stores. Freelance sometimes. If my comment helped you, feel free to use one of my promo codes
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0
Thanks for your reply! I do know Yotpo is known for being pricey, but in my
case I'm only looking at FREE PLANS vs Product Review by Shopify (which is
free in and of itself). Would you say Yotpo's free plan is useless or not
as good Shopify's Product Review or even Judge.Me's free plan? Basically
I'm not looking to spend a penny on any review app just yet so I really
want to go with the best free option available...
0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
49 2 10

A lot of the benefit in paid tools is more advanced functionality like triggers for review request after delivery confirmation from courier. I'm personally a fan of how well Judge.me integrates with the JSON-LD for SEO app.

If free was a hard limitation, and I was starting my own store today, I'd start on their free plan or stick with Shopify free, and upgrade to a good app as soon as revenue can justify it.

In-house SEO on a few S+ stores. Freelance sometimes. If my comment helped you, feel free to use one of my promo codes
0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Yeah that was my feeling - I think I'll stick to Shopify free, less of a learning curve for me just days before my big launch! Thanks for the wise advice!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
145 2 34

Hi Amber,

I would avoid Yotpo. They have a had a lot of investment and do a lot of marketing in the US so are seen as being trustworthy by US consumers. However, it is expensive, the app is pretty bad and their customer service is even worse.

The Shopify Product Reviews app is very basic so I would avoid that too.

I've always recommended Judge Me to our clients because it has a lot more features on the free plan than Shopify's app.

We've just started to develop a new review app but it wont be available for a while yet. When it launches you'll get all the pro features you get on Judge Me for free and you'll be able to easily import the reviews from Judge Me.

I hope this helped?

Best,

Asa Carter

Try the best recent order app for Shopify free for 7 days: https://apps.shopify.com/recently
1 Like