Yotpo vs Kudobuzz-

Excursionist
58 0 4

Would appreciate any feedback from people who have tried both- in terms of features, ease of use, etc.  

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
60 0 7

Hey Rrg211,

Iain here,

I have tried out both apps and have seen tons of merchants use both apps. There are a few different features between the two that I have seen some merchants prefer one app to the other. In terms of set-up and use both are extremely friendly. From my support perspective, it's not often that I get a call or chat about either of them not working or integrating correctly. It would be hard for me to choose one over the other. I will be  following this thread closely as it will be interesting to hear what the community has to say! 

And as always you can reach out to us 24/7 by phone, chat or, email [here]

-Iain

Iain Russell || Shopify Guru 24/7 365
0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
58 0 4

Iain,

Thanks for writing!  I just realized that I totally misread the pricing for yotpo.  I would have to pay $699/month to get the features I want, such as Q&A.  

Does anyone know merchants who are using the paid versions of yotpo?  Would love to hear from someone who is paying that much and has found it to be a good investment

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 3

I laughed aloud when I saw Yotpo's pricing, back when I was testing out reviews apps. We ended up getting many of those same features for only $15 with Judge.Me.

1 Like
Shopify Partner
74 0 8

Hi,

My name is PJ Celis and I am the developer of Judge.me Product reviews: apps.shopify.com/judgeme

Our review widget is loaded via Shopify metafields so with our HTML part of the theme and the reviews being loaded and styled as soon as the theme loads, we are by fat the fastest review widget available. Try it out for yourself!

Could you let me know what features you are looking at specifically? We are constantly launching new features. For example, last week we launched the option for reviewers to add pictures to reviews (if shops enable it via our app settings). 

0 Likes
Tourist
53 0 3

Hello,

Didn't saw the Product Reviews Addon app being mentioned here. Comes with Reviews, Q&A, Product Recommendations. Integrates with my Shopify's Product Reviews app without any tweaks.

https://apps.shopify.com/product-reviews-addon

I guess ultimately it really depends on what you believe would work well for your business. Yotpo has their target users whom relies heavily on their marketing aspects of features such as FB ads. While others basically fulfills simple requirements such as collecting Reviews and showing them.

For me, the Addon works for my business as it has most of the features that other review apps doesn't, especially the Smart Product recommendations which has generated additional revenue and has simply paid for the app itself. And having an email to remind my customers of our existence and updates is a plus.

0 Likes
Excursionist
221 0 14

Hi, This is Grace from Kudobuzz. Happy to come into this interesting discussion.

Moving off from what OngYJ said, most people choose a particular app based on their needs.

Kudobuzz has really cool features like:

Social Reviews - You can connect your Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and/or Yelp account to display already existing reviews or positive posts on your website. This way, you don't have to start seeking reviews from the scratch if you already have some activity on social media.

Review Commenting - Comment on the review a customer leaves. This way, if you have a 1 star review, you can actually publish it and leave a comment to show how authentic your business is and how well you deal with challenges.

Questions and Answers - Allow customers to ask questions about your product and display both the questions and answers on your product pages.

Product Upselling - Upsell products when you make a request for reviews.

Of course, we have the basic features of sending after purchase mails to request reviews as well as giving you several widget options to display the reviews. All widgets can be customized to suit your brand.

Hope this was helpful. All the best making a choice.

Oh, one more thing, we have amazing support. Our customers love us a lot for that. :)

SEO Doctor App (https://apps.shopify.com/kudobuzz-seo)
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
60 0 7

Hey, Friends! 

Iain here, 

Just want to shout out a big thank you to PJ Celis, Grace for adding some amazing content to this thread! This to be is the best part of Shopify seeing the thriving community of developers, and merchants working towards making everyone's experience better from merchant to customer! Huge smile on my face watching this thread evolve ☺. 

And as always you can reach out to Shopify Support 24/7 by phone, chat or, email (here)

-Iain

Iain Russell || Shopify Guru 24/7 365
1 Like