Zip Code Restriction - App?

Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi fellow Shopifiers!

I am looking for an app that would restrict access to my shopify store by checking the Zip code of delivery through a pop-up by accessing the webstore.

Do you know whether such a solution exists?

What I found so far is 'Easy Shipping Restrictions', but the Zip code check is rather done in the cart before checkout.

Could 'Region Restrictions' be a valid option? I see that this app does not have many positive reviews...

Kr,

Maxim

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 31 68

Hi, @MaxBoozify!

That is a really good question. I spent some time looking at our app store, and I couldn't find an app that functions exactly like what you want. However, I did find some apps that are similar to it, and I think you'll find both or once of them useful for your store. Here they are:

1. Easy Country Blocker

This app allows you to block visitors from certain countries from viewing your site. With this app, you can only restrict visitors based on their countries and IP addresses.

2. Geo Targeting ‑ Custom Pop‑Ups

You can create different pop ups and banners, which only visitors located in a certain area can see. The app will detect your visitors' locations (you can filter them by country or zip code), then, depending on their location, they will or will not see the pop up. For example, if you are restricting visitors from Canada, all Canadian visitors will see a pop warning with a message that your store does not offer shipping to Canada. Unlike Easy Country Blocker, this app will not restrict these visitors to access to your site and continue browsing. If you choose to install this app, I do recommend to also install Easy Shipping Restrictions, which you've already found, in case your visitors missed the pop up. 

If you choose to download an app, usually there will be an additional subscription cost since you’ll be using their service. For future reference, in case you run into any technical issues with the app, you can reach out to the developers directly. You can find their information on the app’s page. Alternatively, you can reach out to our Shopify Experts if you'd like to look into coding this functionality directly to your store. 

Let me know if you have any follow up questions about this 🙂

Best of luck!

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
2 0 0

I have been searching for a similar solution for a service that we offer and have not found my ideal solution, but did find an app that I'm trialing, which is working so far.  I wanted to prevent customers from accessing a specific product until their zipcode was compared against a list of areas the product/service was available.  The one I'm testing is Product Zipcode Validator.

https://apps.shopify.com/product-zipcode-validator

This will add a field on the product page and you can set it to disable the add to cart button, so they are required to enter their zipcode and if it's good then they can continue adding to cart, but if their zipcode is not good then the add to cart will remain disabled.  It's not the perfect solution, but I think it will cover my needs for now.

0 Likes
2 0 0

I should also mention the Locksmith app.  I had a conversation back and forth with them trying to find a solution and one idea we came up with that we could make work is to use their passcode option.  They have where you can block access to your store or product unless they enter one of the multiple passcodes you specify in their app.  The trick here is that you would actually use the zipcodes as the passcodes so a customer would have to enter their zipcode to unlock the site, but with the zipcodes being used as the passcodes it should work to verify if it's a valid "passcode" and unlock access.  Hopefully that makes sense.  I have not tested this idea, it was just an idea I came up with when talking to them and they felt that it should work just fine.

https://apps.shopify.com/locksmith

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
4 0 0

Hello There! What you comment is like a password but instead of a random word is a list of valid postcodes. I´ve done that for a couple of clients ( for some of them at the cart: you introduce a valid postcode-> you can go to checkout ) but it is not a good solution, because the user can later on on the checkout page introduce the postal code he wants without any validation. Though it is not supposed to happend we all know how the users behave ( they dont care ).  we need a postal code validation from shopify or app at the checkout.

Roberto López Shopify Expert www.RobertoLopezMartinez.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 31 68

Hi, @Roberto_López!

May here from Shopify.

I can definitely see the benefit of having this validation process at checkout. I think adding this feature can be beneficial for other merchants on our platform as well. That said, I am going to submit a feature request for our developers to review. If the request is already there, I can add your vote to the existing ballot - as the more merchants that mention a feature, the more likely they are to be implemented.

Thank you for your feedback! I hope we can see this feature implemented in the future. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers!

May.

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
1 0 0
Has there been any progress made on this feature?
0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi all – This idea is interesting. I'd like to build it for free. I'm currently at a hackathon with the goal to make a new app for Shopify by Sunday. Does anyone have ten minutes and could talk to me about your use case for this app idea? Maybe I can make it for you (for free!). 

Best, 

Ankur

me@ankurk.com

(304) 881-611

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hey there, is your offer still available?

0 Likes
2 0 0

Sure – will you message me so I can learn more about your use case? 

0 Likes