Zip Code Validation For Shopping

3 0 0

Hi all! We want to be able to check a user's zip code to let them know if we service their area on our store, preferably on the home page. I would like to have some way to validate it, maybe a popup, and if we do serve them, an "Order Now" button can appear. If not, then a short form for them to send us their name and address will appear so we can notify them when we do serve their area. Any ideas how to do this? I'm mainly a Wordpress dev but trying to figure out Shopify!!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
421 79 90

Hello 

You can simply add option in theme settings to add Zip code with comma separate. 
And in front-end use that data with Javascript to validate and show result accordingly ( 'Order Now' if zip available and form if zip not available  )

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you are happy and want to donate small Click here (Its my paypal)
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
97 4 32

To follow up on @Guleria's answer, this is the flow of operations I'd do:

1. First geo-locate the user, which can save him from actually entering their ZipCode.

2. Whether the geo-location was successful or not, throw a pop-up when the user first enters the shop welcoming them.
3. In that pop-up, if geo-location was successful, acknowledge them that you serve/do not serve their area. Add an option to enter the Zip Code in that pop-up if the geo-locator got it wrong (i.e. they're behind a VPN). 
4. If the geo-location was unsuccessful, ask them to provide their Zip Code and then notify them if you serve or do not serve the area.

5. After the user closed the pop-up and started looking though you shop, show an order now button if you serve their area.

6. If you do not serve the area,show a disabled version of the order now button with a tooltip that explains you don't ship to their area.

@brittio39 this feels like the cleanest approach to me.

Building custom, public-facing Shopify Apps for various niches. Ping me with your app ideas!

My Apps:
* Countries We Ship To Button (Free!) - Show your customers where you ship to with a crisp button + pop-up!

My Tutorials:
* Get Notified When New Comments Are Added To Your Shopify Blog (Free!) - A quick & easy tutorial to set up a free web-service that e-mails you when you get a new comment on your Shopify blog!
0 Likes
3 0 0

Thank you both!! 

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
97 4 32

@brittio39 That actually requires quite a bit of coding - if you follow the steps and show me an example of your code I point out issues.

Building custom, public-facing Shopify Apps for various niches. Ping me with your app ideas!

My Apps:
* Countries We Ship To Button (Free!) - Show your customers where you ship to with a crisp button + pop-up!

My Tutorials:
* Get Notified When New Comments Are Added To Your Shopify Blog (Free!) - A quick & easy tutorial to set up a free web-service that e-mails you when you get a new comment on your Shopify blog!
0 Likes