Hi all! We want to be able to check a user's zip code to let them know if we service their area on our store, preferably on the home page. I would like to have some way to validate it, maybe a popup, and if we do serve them, an "Order Now" button can appear. If not, then a short form for them to send us their name and address will appear so we can notify them when we do serve their area. Any ideas how to do this? I'm mainly a Wordpress dev but trying to figure out Shopify!!
You can simply add option in theme settings to add Zip code with comma separate.
To follow up on @Guleria's answer, this is the flow of operations I'd do:
1. First geo-locate the user, which can save him from actually entering their ZipCode.
2. Whether the geo-location was successful or not, throw a pop-up when the user first enters the shop welcoming them.
3. In that pop-up, if geo-location was successful, acknowledge them that you serve/do not serve their area. Add an option to enter the Zip Code in that pop-up if the geo-locator got it wrong (i.e. they're behind a VPN).
4. If the geo-location was unsuccessful, ask them to provide their Zip Code and then notify them if you serve or do not serve the area.
5. After the user closed the pop-up and started looking though you shop, show an order now button if you serve their area.
6. If you do not serve the area,show a disabled version of the order now button with a tooltip that explains you don't ship to their area.
@brittio39 this feels like the cleanest approach to me.
@brittio39 That actually requires quite a bit of coding - if you follow the steps and show me an example of your code I point out issues.
|an hour ago|
|2 hours ago|
|2 hours ago|