announcement or promo bar

Highlighted
1 0 0

anyone know a free or very cheap shopify app to have an announcement or promo bar above the header that flashes and changes timely i.e every 3 seconds. i have turbo but it doesnt have this customization

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 171

Hey, there!

Jason here from Shopify Support.

Here are the two apps that can achieve the announcement bar with a timer/schedule. Even though they offer free plans, the timer/schedule function resides in the paid plan.

Feel free to try both apps and see which one is more suitable for your business. To understand how the paid plan looks, I encourage you to reach out to the app developers directly to ensure that the timer feature is in the paid plan before you go ahead and start using the app.

Alternatively, remember that you can consult with one of the Shopify Experts (http://bit.ly/2REYJ0x) to help you create a highly customizable announcement bar just for you.

I hope this information helps, however, should you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reply back here and I'd be happy to help out!

All the best,
Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
56 0 3

Great question, thanks for asking. Our clients ask about this all the time, so here's my $0.02:

Our first (and biggest) point is encouraging ecommerce brands not to be afraid to run promos in the first place. Many shops are shying away from discounts with the idea that it devalues their products. But remember, we exist in a shopping climate where the majority of customers will search for a code before checking out. And so, companies are more likely to build loyalty and be perceived in a positive light for giving their customers extra value by offering deals. Perhaps the question is not, “What are you gaining by running a promotion?” but rather, “What are you losing by not running one?”

We wrote a longer blog post today about this, if you'd like to learn more on promo execution:

https://bit.ly/2TzJJBy

Hope that helps! See ya

CEO of Metric Digital @ www.metricdigital.com
0 Likes