app issues

Highlighted
1 0 0

hello, I am trying to add an app to my store and when I try to download the app it keeps saying server error. help, please!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
549 28 186

Hi, @rosstiq

This is Rae from Shopify. Welcome to the Community. I'm happy to lend a hand to make sure you're able to download this app correctly.

What's the name of the app you're trying to download? Is it from the Shopify App Store?

If so, it's important to ensure you're using a supported browser when downloading this app. I also recommend clearing your browser cache, or using Chrome Incognito mode

Where are you seeing the 'server error' message appear? Is this happening on the App store, or in your Shopify admin? Can you please reply to me here with a screenshot of this error? 

Once I have these details, I can continue helping out. 

I hope to hear back from you soon! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I  am having the same issues I believe it has something to do with the updated version of Mac

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
549 28 186

Hi, @Nmeeks1

Thanks for jumping in and sharing these details. Are you also receiving a 'server error' message? 

If so, what browser are you using on your Mac? If you're using Chrome, make sure it's up to date by following these steps

To confirm if the Mac version is causing this issue, I recommend using a web browser on a mobile device to log in to your Shopify admin and try to download the app you're looking for. 

Equally, if you have access to another desktop computer that doesn't have the updated Mac version installed, please give that a try, too.

Let me know how this goes! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes