cant connect to facebookpage

paulus1974
2 0 1

Hello,

I am trying to connect spotify with my facebook. With works until I have to click on the "accept terms" button to accept the facebok terms, but then a popup (a facebook popup) appeers saying to login to facebook (in wich I am already in). clicking on the login button does not work. Nothing happens and I am stranded. What can I do?

facebook3.jpgfacebook2.jpgfacebook1.jpg

0 Likes
Lulu
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
908 87 188

Hey, @paulus1974!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

Thank you for the screenshots they are super helpful. This is actually not a Shopify problem since the Terms of Service page and its management are all actually on Facebook's end. We did, however, find that the following steps resolve this issue for those who experienced this: 

Most updated browsers have a setting which prevents cross-site tracking; turning off this feature has corrected the issue for some of our merchants. If you are using Safari:

- Visit Safari -> Preferences -> Privacy and make sure this field is not checked.

04-28-8flul-zcxst

If you are using Chrome:

- Visit Chrome -> Preferences

- Click the hamburger menu, and choose Advanced -> Privacy and security

- Make sure this setting is disabled:

04-23-95tnz-7enc8

Once you've disabled the above setting in your browser, please try to connect your Facebook Page in your Shopify admin as normal to see if this allows you to bypass the loop.

I hope this helps but let me know if you have any other questions at all — you can also ask us all sorts of things. If you want our opinion about your business plan or site layout, even with marketing and growth aspects you're curious about, then be sure to reach out. Almost anything you have questions about when it comes to eCommerce, I've likely at least seen others touch on before and will be glad to help you too! 

Kind regards,

Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
paulus1974
2 0 1

thank you. that worked