consignment of products to other resellers

Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi,

I'm a manufacturer of producing shoes, I have 20 - 30 resellers, that hold my product based of a consignment agreement.every month I would get a monthly report of them total item sold, how can I track the inventory after my month report, So I would know how much worth of stock is available left at the different resellers ? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 28 147

Hi, @nickrobot!

My name is Rae and I work for Shopify. Thank you for reaching out with this question, and welcome to the Shopify Community! 

I would love to lend a hand to help determine the best way to track the amount of stock that your resellers are holding at the end of each month. 

You mentioned that you're currently using a report to show how many items have been sold. Is this a report that you're collecting from your Shopify admin? If so, can you please let me know which report it is that you're using?

If this is a custom report, does it have a column that shows how many pieces of stock each reseller is holding, as well as how many items each reseller has sold this month? If not, it might be a good idea to look into adding these columns to this report to help clearly indicate how many stock items are left at each location. 

From your end, it may also be a good idea to consider using an inventory CSV to track your product levels. This spreadsheet is something that can be updated every month to reflect your new inventory levels, and then imported into Shopify to ensure that these updates are showing in your admin as well. 

Equally, since you do have so many different resellers, you may want to look into using apps to manage these different resellers and their stock levels. One app that can be used to track vendor sales and payouts is Vendor Consignment. Another app called DEAR Inventory can also help with stocktaking, stock transfers, and stock adjustments. Using these two apps may be a great way to consolidate all of the information relating to each reseller's sales volume, as well as ensuring your stock information is up to date too. 

Please take a look over these options and let me know your thoughts! Additionally, if you have more details to share about the inventory system you're looking for, or any specific features you need, I would be glad to look into our options further.  

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0

Hi,

I have a question for you. I am looking to find some trustworthy consignment resellers. Is there a platform that you know of that I can find these? Thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 28 147

Hi, @Turkish_Peshtem

Thanks for reaching out for more information on finding consignment resellers. 

So that I can help track down some options for you, can you please tell me a bit more about the types of products you're looking to sell? Are you also interested in selling shoes?

Once I have more information about your business, and the kinds of products you wish to sell, I'll be glad to help out further. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you! 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 0
I manufacture and sell 100% cotton Turkish towels. I can have custom woven
designs made too. I dont want to sell shoes. I am also starting to
manufacture and sell Hawaiian shirts.
0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1
I’m selling, homemade cookies. My cookies could be found across 20 different cafe in my city. Every month I would received a monthly report of the amount of cookies sold. Then after I would update my inventory of the number of stocks available at each different location on my excel file itself.
1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
464 28 147

Hi, @Turkish_Peshtem

Thank you for getting back to me with these details. Your products sound wonderful. 

To find resellers, I recommend writing a new post on our forums to advertise your products and outline what you sell.

The 'Shopify Discussion' topic or the 'Wholesale & Dropshipping' topic is a great place to add this new post, as many merchants look in these topics to source new products for their businesses. Please ensure to also share some images of your products in your post so that any interested individuals can see exactly what your products look like, and better understand the style of the pieces you create. 

Adding a post to those topics to showcase your Turkish towels and Hawaiian shirts is a great way to attract potential resellers and start to build more connections. 

Best of luck with this!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
44 0 3
Hey Nick,

We’re you able to come up with a solution to this? If I understand correctly you are looking to manage your inventory (as a consigner) under consigner agreements at various stores.

I run frontflip.co, we help consignment stores manage there inventory and orders.

We are strongly considering creating a product like you have described to managing selling (consignee) of goods easier.

I would like to learn more and see if we can solve some of your problems? Maybe even set you up with similar folk to come up with a solution?

Feel free to email me at hello@frontflip.co

Menan

0 Likes