creating an App with no knowledge

1 0 0

Hi, where do i even start? 

I have ideas for new apps to be used via shopify, however i have no knowledge on how to even make one!

so my question is where do i start? can i hire someone to do this for me via shopify?

thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello,

https://developers.shopify.com/ is a good place to start, if you already are familiar with coding in react/node /ruby.

if you are absolutely new to coding i recommend hiring someone to build the app for you.

Regards,

Sriram

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
78 8 13

Hi, @Jessicaenvy!

Julie, here from Shopify Support.

Like @skota suggested, our app development resources are really useful for learning how to create your own app for Shopify. As a starting point, I'd recommend signing up to become a Shopify Partner if you haven't already done so. You can sign up here.

Becoming a Shopify Partner gives you the ability to refer clients to Shopify, create custom themes, and build apps to sell in the Shopify App Store, where you'll earn 80% of each app sale. As a Shopify Partner, you'll also get free access to our own Shopify Development Fundamentals Course, which will give you an overview of development opportunities using Shopify. You'll also learn about the available APIs, SDKs, tools, and resources available to build apps.

If you aren't comfortable with development and coding, you can always hire one of our very own Shopify Experts who are skilled in custom app development. Feel free to browse the Experts Marketplace and request quotes from a few different experts.

What kind of app are you interested in creating? I'd love to hear more about your idea!

Julie | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes