deleting shopify review app and installing Stamped

2 0 0

hi

I installed Shopify review app months ago and just yesterday installed Stamped. Now I have duplicate product reviews. How do I get rid of the shopify app reviews? Do I just delete the Shopify Review app altogether?

thanks kindly 

Matt

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
308 53 60

Hello Matt,

To get rid from duplicate reviews first delete the app which you don't want to use.
If problem, still not resolved check files manually and remove the app code (product.liquid)
Thanks

Want to modify or custom changes on store hire me.
My Email: guleriathakur43@gmail.com
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution.
If you happy and want to donate small, click here: Paypal
0 Likes

if you want to delete ,you just go and delete .it will not effect your theme.

Shopify theme developer and customization

I Would like to add new functionality or customize an existing one, please hire me.
If helpful then please Like and Accept Solution .
Email: ashiquehussaincodediary@gmail.com

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hi Thanks for the advice. I deleted the Shopify app but the template is still showing on my product pages. So the Shopify app is requesting users to leave a review (with nil reviews now posted) and then scrolling a little further down the page the Stamped app is visable with reviews showing. 

Doesn't look good at all. How can I get rid of Shopify app completely?

thanks

Matt

0 Likes
Trailblazer
221 17 64

Hi Matt,

Tim is here from Growave.

Usually, apps like ours have an option to remove files from merchants' themes in admin panel, thought it is a must. Therefore, the client can easily remove files from theme and uninstall the app on Shopify.

BTW, make sure to export your existing reviews before moving to the new app.

Growave is the all-in-one marketing platform that helps Shopify brands reach their audience, engage users and increase conversions with ease here.
0 Likes