error message trying to set up facebook message

newssor
Visitor
1 0 0

I get the message immediately  when I click on"connect to account""Check your extensions or privacy settings to start using Facebook You might have extensions or strict privacy settings preventing you from connecting to Facebook. Use a different browser or check your privacy settings on Firefox." I have looked on Firefox and set it to the lowest security setting. So I am looking for other options.

Reply 1 (1)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @newssor

Rae from Shopify here. Thanks for reaching out about the error message you're receiving. 

To clarify, does this message appear when you're trying to set up the Facebook channel? If not, can you please confirm where you're seeing this on your end?

In the meantime though, it sounds like this error is tied to your Firefox browser specifically, so I recommend giving these troubleshooting steps a try:

If you're still receiving an error after trying these options, please let me know. It would also be great if you could include a screenshot of the error message you're seeing in a reply to me here. That way, I can take a closer look into this. 

I look forward to hearing back from you with an update! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.