local delivery options

Highlighted
2 0 0

I need to add local delivery to a flower shop's website and all I've found is the Local Delivery app. I'm surprised Shopify is so popular yet there is only 1 quality app for local delivery.

Are there any other options for this? I'd be awesome if there was one that allowed me to set different delivery rates depending how far away the delivery address is.

BONUS: Is there a way to change Shopify's mentions of "shipping" to "delivery"? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff (Retired)
Shopify Staff (Retired)
157 0 14

Hi Kyler!

In this case I would certainly advise that you take a look at the Better Shipping app, which allows you to add shipping rates based on zip/postal codes, so you can create a rate that reflects and compensates for how far away the delivery is:

https://apps.shopify.com/better-shipping

About your question about changing "shipping" to "delivery", you could change the name of your added shipping rate in settings > shipping to something like "Local Delivery" and this is what the customers will see on the checkout pages. In addition to this, you are able to change how shipping wording is displayed in your checkout by editing any shipping-related fields in online store > themes > edit language > "Checkout & System".

Hope this helps!

Andrew
Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Thanks for your reply Andrew!

A couple follow-up questions:

a) Our store is currently on the basic plan. I read somewhere that in order to use the Better Shipping app you had to upgrade your account. Is this true?

b) With Better Shipping will we be able to have a visitor choose a delivery date and time like in the Local Delivery app?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi Kyler,

I recently created an app for local deliveries which might be of interest to you.

You can check it out here > https://apps.shopify.com/auto-tag-delivery-date

If you have any questions or think I can help, just let me know.

Cheers,

John

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I am new to the world of Shopify.  Was the follow up questions answered?

It looks like the Better Shipping and Local Delivery App both need to be installed to support true local delivery within a certain radius of a location.

However - does that mean I need to upgrade my plan to that it enables real-time shipping? and if so - which plan?

Many Thanks

Regards,

Zaman

0 Likes
1 0 0

I am currently trying to add our personal delivery option to a clients shopify site. I am having trouble adding our shipping options to the checkout page. We need to calculate the delivery based on weight and distance, then add it to the total in cart. Can you please advise? 

0 Likes