not getting review notification emails

Highlighted
Explorer
54 1 13
testing the shopify product review app, had past customers put in a few reviews, but i’m not getting the notification emails. although i can go to the app and see they are there and publish ( so the app is working in that respect) but i’m just not getting the emails. i did check spam too. anyone else have this problem? or know how to fix it?
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
33 7 11

Hello TAGSAngel,

You can go to the settings of the app, make sure this chechbox is checked and your settings saved:

Untitled.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
54 1 13

@preslavnikov wrote:

Hello TAGSAngel,

You can go to the settings of the app, make sure this chechbox is checked and your settings saved:

Untitled.png

Thanks for the reply.  I saved previously and I just re-saved just in case.  Only thing is....  the Save Button stays blue and does not go gray as others do when the action is completed so I'm wondering if I'm missing something or if it's just the save button on the app is supposed to stay blue (not normal behavior for any type of save feature though)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
54 1 13

out of curiosity, I reset the settings back to default (although it left my email address in there) and then clicked save and am seeing the same behavior.  the blue save is staying blue (although it is giving me the notification on the bottom that the settings were saved)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
33 7 11

You don't need to worry as the save button will stay blue at all times.

As long as you see the notification after pressing it that the settings have been saved, all is good.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
54 1 13

OK so then My settings were saved and I'm still not getting the emails. I am getting other notifications such as order placed, contact form. But, As a secondary measure my email host set the spf for shopify (a guru gave me in email) but I'm still not getting them.  [They are not in spam either]

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
33 7 11

If you are using Gmail, have you checked the other inbox folders such as Promotions, Social etc.?

If not, I would advise contacting your host admin like your G Suit Admin, and ask them to add the app as an exception to the spf filtering, so that you can be able to receive emails from them.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Explorer
54 1 13

I am not using gmail.  And as noted above we have already set up the exception to the spf filtering

@preslavnikov wrote:

If you are using Gmail, have you checked the other inbox folders such as Promotions, Social etc.?

If not, I would advise contacting your host admin like your G Suit Admin, and ask them to add the app as an exception to the spf filtering, so that you can be able to receive emails from them.

0 Likes