"This Instagram business account is already linked to a Commerce account on Shopify"

elemntoph
1 0 4

I was trying over and over to get approved by Facebook for Instagram Shopping to no avail. They said the domain I provided doesn't allow customers to checkout. I already had the domain verified on Facebook. I already had an approved Commerce account and the Shopify Catalog feed is working normally but I still got rejected so I decided to redo everything.

I disconnected my IG and FB.
I switched back to a personal IG, then reverted to Business and connected my IG to my FB.
Deleted and reinstalled FB App in Shopify.
Had a new Commerce account for review and got approved.

This second setup went smoothly until I tried adding my Instagram in the FB Business Manager. I got this error:

2021_01_21_08_16_39_95_Shopify_Commerce_Account.png

How do I go about this? I understand this might have been because of the old Commerce account still being connected my IG account but I'd like to move forward and have it over this new Commerce account? Please help! 

PaalCoffee
Excursionist
10 0 5

Hey,

I'm having the exact same problem. Have been trying for weeks, to no avail. And I'm pretty sure I have checked EVERY possible option to verify that the domain/URL settings.

When you say you disconnected you IG and FB, do you mean from Shopify, or from each other?

And when you say you had a new Commerce account for review, did you start over in Catalog Administration setting it up from fresh?

Anything else I should be aware of?

I would appreciate any effort to help, as it's a real pain not getting this to work.

Thank you

Pål

0 Likes
FigFemme
1 0 0

Did anyone solve this issue? We are having the exact same problem!

0 Likes
Mbial-Business
Shopify Partner
15 0 1

Hello, I was wondering if you managed to fix your issue yet? if not I am happy to help you.

0 Likes
drippy
1 0 0

I would love some help! Been waiting on facebooks help since December.... "This Instagram business account is already linked to a Commerce account on Shopify" I also cannot set up Instagram shopping etc. 

0 Likes
mohamed0laa
2 0 0

im having THIS EXACT SAME ISSUE and i have tried EVERY possible solution on both facebooks, instagram and shopify's side but with no luck and no one seems to know whats causing this problem

0 Likes
Debandoll
1 0 0

Hi we are having the same error message  Did you manage to fix it?

Thanks Debbie

0 Likes
thehuntressny
2 0 0

I have done everything to figure out how to get our products back on Instagram. Same issue. It took a miracle just to link IG back to FB, so at least I can run ads and stuff. However, the Instagram store just won't happen. Talked with Shopify support and Facebook support. Shopify is giving credit to Facebook. Facebook just sends me an FAQ page. Shopify needs to pressure Facebook to be a better partner. It reflects poorly on Shopify, even though it seems evident this is not their fault. If you get an answer please post!

0 Likes
thehuntressny
2 0 0

Did you discover a solution to this yet?

0 Likes
Mbial-Business
Shopify Partner
15 0 1

Hello, I am happy to help you solve your issue. 

Can we schedule a meeting in Zoom to work on it?